Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Re: Deleting local files from phone

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Phen
Follower
Follower

Just got the Pro 3 and set it up but I had the same issue as this.

it said it is saved but in the iPhone camera roll there is none.

"Hi All.

Unable to delete local files from iphone.

After starting the App and going to library i switched from the cloud storage to the base station.

All the recordings that were on the SD card were available to download to the App. thought this was great as it saved me from removing the SD card from the station. 

Problem. There is no option to delete these files from the phone. Only options available are to share, save to photos, or cancel. No option to delete as you would when accessing the cloud library.

Also the save to photos option does not appear to work. Thinking that it would save the file to photo library on phone. this does not happen. App states that file was saved successfully, but to where ?. "

3 REPLIES 3
dcfox1
Master
Master

I just tried on my Iphone to save and it did save to the photos. Mabey select all photos to make sure its there. For deleting from local i don't think that's  possible. I take out my usb and put it in computer to delete them. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

On Android, I find downloaded local videos in DCIM/Camera/Arlo. I would expect something similar for iOS. A quick search for anything named Arlo should guide you.

To remove these videos, use Clear Downloaded Videos near the bottom of Settings.

n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi Phen, for IOS you should go to 'settings' and then 'privacy' and scroll to 'photos' and ensure Arlo is listed with the green tick to have access to the camera roll on your iPhone.

thanks!

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation