Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
fredrikb1234
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I have an existing system with 4x Arlo Pro 3 cameras connected to a Base Station. Everything is working flawlessly.

I am now trying to add an additional Base Station and 2x additional Arlo Pro 3 cameras. The reason for adding the additional Base Station is that these 2 new cameras are at the other end of the house and that the wireless range of the first Base Station is insufficient.

Adding the additional Base Station (connected via Ethernet) works fine and it gives the constant blue light. However, when trying to add the new cameras to this Base Station, the cameras are not discoverable (they simply do not show up). At some point, one of them temporarily showed up but then I got stuck in the making process. But most of the attempts, they do not show up at all.

The cameras are fine, as they will connect perfectly to the already working primary Base Station.

I have tried factory resetting both the Base Station and the cameras, removing batteries, trying over again etc.

Any ideas of what to try next?

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

WHat's left is actually resetting both the hub and cameras. What you've done usually works but not always.  Here's the FAQ to do this:

https://kb.arlo.com/000062659/How-to-factory-reset-Arlo-devices

fredrikb1234
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the responses.

It seems quite painful to go through a full reset of the existing base station and all four existing cameras and make a full reinstallation of something that is working perfectly.

Is this something that has some likelihood of succeeding or is it more of a “hail Mary”?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

While it certainly has worked for folks in the past, it is a "last gasp"/"hail Mary". It's the nuclear option.

Resetting the cameras shouldn't hurt since they've been proven to work. The hub, on the other hand, may need a BFH to get it working. Of course, it could simply be faulty.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation