Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Georgerill
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi guys.. I hope you can help.
I installed my pro 3 kit yesterday but the signal for my WiFi wasn’t strong enough to allow the camera in the garden to work.the hub is in the living room next to my WiFi router and the camera is outside of the kitchen window literally in the room next door.
We bought WiFi booster which we have installed... the camera works when it’s in my hand in the living room but the second I fix it to the mount on the wall in the garden the signal is pretty much non existent even though the WiFi is now boosted to the kitchen and working fine.
Any suggestions?
We don’t have a big house so it’s literally loosing the signal as you go from the living room to the kitchen/diner.
Very annoying .
I hope someone has some help for me as I have no spent over £400 and still don’t really have a fully working camera in the garden
7 REPLIES 7
dcfox1
Master
Master

Your home wifi has nothing to do with the cameras so your wifi booster wont have any effect. The Hub has it's own wifi network to connect to the cams. Move the Hub as far away from your router as the cable will allow since being right beside it will cause interference. 

Georgerill
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thankyou..
I keep getting notifications on my garden camera but there’s nothing there... would it be wind setting it off? I’ve turned on “people” as my only notifications but still get them every 2 mins with no one there . Any ideas?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not specifically wind but the sun's IR bouncing off moving branches, etc. can cause this. Investigate your modes and rules and turn down motion sensitivity until satisfied. Also consider the camera positioning to remove the branches (assuming that's the problem) from view. There are FAQs here in the support section on both camera positioning as well as modifying and creating modes and rules.

Georgerill
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thankyou once again for your help mate.
I read the battery life is supposed to last 6 months... what battery setting do you recommend as mines gone down 20% in one day.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's likely due to poor signal strength and/or quality. Swap cameras around to see if the issue stays with the camera or location. Also be sure you're not using more than ~5 minutes per day, on average, of recording and live viewing.

Georgerill
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi mate Thankyou once again for your help.
I wasn’t aware of the 5 min per day thing,what does that mean?
It seems to be ok now.. I’ve moved the hub and it seems ok thankfully
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

5 minutes per day means that's how the battery life is spec'ed. The battery won't last as long if it's in continuous operation.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation