Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
fengshuikb
Aspirant
Aspirant

Installing 3 pro 3 floodlights, my Android phone connects fine, but my clients new apple 13 phone connects for a few seconds, then the Arlo app freezes. I have disconnect and reconnected the apple phone with the Pro 3 floodlight, same thing happens. No problem with an Android phone. VPN is off. Router is higher end Netgear and is new. Thanks for the help.

8 REPLIES 8
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

fengshuikb,

Could you provide more details about this issue? What exactly do you mean when you say they app freezes? Have you tried reinstalling the app?

JamesC

fengshuikb
Aspirant
Aspirant

James,

We down load the Arlo app., to a new Apple 13 phone. We start to pair the Apple 13 phone to the Pro 3 Floodlight. The green circle on the Arlo app., on the Apple 13 is turning try to find the Pro 3. The blue light is blinking on the Pro 3, the phone and Pro 3 pair, then the amber updating light flashes on the Pro 3. Everything is good.  You can see the picture on the Apple phone in the Arlo app., that the Pro 3 sees.  Then in about 20 seconds the Arlo app., freezes. The button to turn on the light freezes, the slide bar freezes also, we try to tap the gear wheel to go into the adjustments and that does not work. So the whole Arlo app., stops working.  I pair my Android phone to the Pro 3 and everything works properly, no problems.  We have a new more powerful Netgear router, we have 3 SSIDs, for both 2.4 g and the 5g.  We even switched the Pro 3 with another Pro 3 thinking it was a bad Pro 3, and still had the same problem.  We uninstalled the Arlo app., and the Pro 3 from Apple 13, many times and still have the same problem.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@fengshuikb wrote:

I pair my Android phone to the Pro 3 and everything works properly, no problems. 

What happens if you use the client's account credentials?  Then just install the app on his phone, and don't do the "add device" step there.

To clarify - you aren't "pairing the phone" to the camera.  You are adding the camera to the Arlo account, and installing it on the client's wifi.  Though the phone is doing this, there is no pairing involved.  Once the camera is installed, it should be visible on any PC or mobile device that is using the client's account credentials.

If this works, the client's phone will need to be set up as a trusted device, and you will of course want to delete your phone from the trusted device list.

fengshuikb
Aspirant
Aspirant

We are using the clients Arlo account credentials, not my account credentials. The VPN is off.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@fengshuikb wrote:

We are using the clients Arlo account credentials, not my account credentials. 

Ok.

Then after you add the camera to the client's account from your phone, you are finished.  Don't uninstall the camera.  All they need to do is log in as usual.  

fengshuikb
Aspirant
Aspirant

I do not understand what you mean by adding the camera to the clients phone from my phone.  i do not have the clients phone on my phone.

fengshuikb
Aspirant
Aspirant

My bad, i do not have the clients Pro 3 camera on my phone.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@fengshuikb wrote:

My bad, i do not have the clients Pro 3 camera on my phone.

Didn't you say you had added the camera on your Android phone? If that works, you can do it again (using the client's credentials).

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation