Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Bamacrazy
Tutor
Tutor
I have had the arlo pro 2 with 5 cameras for almost 3 years. We had one camera go out so we decided to upgrade to the pro 3, 4 camera set. We brought the new system home and mounted 4 cameras exactly where 4 of the pro2 cameras were and just took the 5th camera down and said we could do without seeing that area. Now, the pro 3 cameras stay offline more than they are online. I never had any problems with the old cameras. The one that is on my back door is ALWAYS offline. We have already had the whole system replaced once and even moved the camera closer to the base station. I am VERY disappointed in this system. We bought the system plus the good mounts and solar panels for each camera and we basically have NO security system. I have email arlo but no one has answered me. I still have my old system. I am about ready to put it back up and take all this junk back to Best Buy.
10 REPLIES 10
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Bamacrazy,

What does the signal strength icon show for the cameras that are experiencing offline issues? How far are they from the SmartHub?

JamesC

Bamacrazy
Tutor
Tutor
I wish I could tell you signal strength. Unfortunately, with the camera offline, I don’t have access to that. I mean, it is ALWAYS offline. We can sync it again and maybe get an hour of use out of it. It is literally right beside another camera (I have a storage shed right at my back door and one is on one side of the corner facing my house and the other is about 6 inches further from my house, facing my parking area) the one nearer the house is the one that is always offline. My husband even tried moving it about 2ft closer to the base station and still no luck keeping it connected.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try moving the hub away from the router as much as possible (there may be interference). Also look for any wireless device nearby that could be causing interference.

Markv1
Tutor
Tutor

I have the same issue with just one camera of the Arlo pro 3, 3 camera set I bought a few weeks ago. It seldom will live stream and only for a couple seconds then goes offline. I have a charge cable in it all the time so its not a power issue. I have placed the Hub in a central location for all three cameras. Its about 20 feet from the camera giving me trouble. The signal strength is a full 3 bars. I'm not sure what they mean when someone says to plug the hub in away from wireless devices. It has to be plugged into a router or in my case a eero signal booster. What else can I do to help this problem? I don't have any issues with the other two cameras or the Arlo video doorbell.

Bamacrazy
Tutor
Tutor
I have not resolved my issue yet. My husband just swapped that camera with another to see if it is the location or the camera that is causing the problem. That was just this evening, so we don’t know what is happening yet.
Markv1
Tutor
Tutor

I swapped camera location and battery but it didn't help. Was just reading a post not on the Arlo community. May try this advise from Arlo to this guy.

"They asked me to remove the battery from the camera and remove the device from the account, swap the battery with another device and then add the camera back. Which I did. So far no issues."

Bamacrazy
Tutor
Tutor
We swapped the camera that was acting up with the camera at the other end of our house. When we put that camera in the same spot, it started making the camera right next to it jump offline. I think my cameras may be too close together and interfering with one another. The next time my husband is off work long enough, we are going to move one of them and see if that works. It’s just strange that these positions worked fine for the pro 2 but not for the pro 3.
dcfox1
Master
Master

Yea I think you are right about interfering with each other if to close. 

Markv1
Tutor
Tutor

I swapped batteries between two cameras, removed the bad camera then added it back. No change. It sends notifications and shoots video but I can't live stream with it. Location makes no difference. It won't stream laying next to the hub. The system is way too glitchy.

jsaus63304
Luminary
Luminary

Cameras are supposed to be at least 10 feet from the base and 6 feet from each other.  I believe I read that you need 6 feet between cameras and other WIFI like alarm motion detectors.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation