Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Kennedsh
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 6 Pro 3 cameras. I received a notification of a video of a “person” on my property. I could tell the light on the camera went on.Could not play the entire video, only enough I could see there was, indeed a person, and the recording is not in the library. I did not delete the recording. Is there any way to recover this video? (It is most likely the person that broke into my neighbor’s house, and the police would very much like to see this recording.) I have a recording one minute later of the person moving away (from a different camera) and it really isn’t very clear, as it was night and at the “edge” of the recording area. 

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Make sure you don't have a filter set in your library. Do you have local recordings set up if you use a hub instead of direct to your WiFi? The recording would also be there.

Kennedsh
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, no filters .I also don’t know if I have local recordings set up ifI use the USB, or direct to wifi. how would I go about finding out. I am a technomoron so simple explanations and steps work great for me to try and understand. I so want to find that recording!

Kennedsh
Aspirant
Aspirant

Responding again now that I am awake and a little less shaken up.  The only filters I have on any of the cameras is the smoke alarm notification (which is turned on with a camera in our garage). I do not have a local USB storage device. That is why I am hoping to somehow retrieve this recording (or possibly 2 of them) from “the cloud”. I saw a person on the notification on my phone but the recording is not in the library and the police are really wanting this video. I had night vision set up, plus the lights from a dual motion sensor light came on, as well as the camera light, so the video could very well have quite a clear picture of this person. I do have an active, paid subscription which says I have 30 days of cloud storage, so seems to me I should be able to recover these recordings. The question is: how can I recover them from the cloud?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Kennedsh wrote:

The only filters I have on any of the cameras is the smoke alarm notification (which is turned on with a camera in our garage). 

Those aren't the filters that @jguerdat means.

There are also filters that can screen out recordings in the library.  You can see them listed the library page, and remove them.  If you are using my.arlo.com, they will be at the very bottom of the page.

You might also contact Arlo support and see if they can assist.  Use the support link at the top right of the forum page.

Kennedsh
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just an FYI: went through an extensive call with Arlo. And the filters I referred to are under the “library”. You can filter devices not to pick up on certain sounds or objects. Apparently all my settings were correct so now I have a massive list of things to try, beginning with resetting the camera. Bottom line is that the videos are gone. So, the quickest solution was to set up local storage. I have no doubt the thieves will probably be back - and I would love to catch them in the act. The one I saw on the glimpse of video was interested in our garage (or my car). 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Kennedsh wrote:

And the filters I referred to are under the “library”. You can filter devices not to pick up on certain sounds or objects. 

The filters under "Library" do not tell the system what to record. They just simplify browsing for videos in the library (letting you select "Person" if that's what you are interested in).

Smart Notifications control what real-time notifications you get, but again doesn't affect what is recorded.

The only control that will actually supress recordings is the cloud activity zones.  The camera streams all motion-triggered video to the cloud, and the cloud will only store recordings with motion inside the zones.

@Kennedsh wrote:

So, the quickest solution was to set up local storage.  

Which is a good option, as there are sometimes recordings there that somehow don't make it to the cloud.  Note that activity zones don't effect the local recordings - they will include recordings that are out of zone.

I hope you catch the person next time around.

Kennedsh
Aspirant
Aspirant

Only one zone set up, and not on the camera involved. (Only to delete vehicles moving in front of the house on the street.) So no, that had no effect. No other activity zones on any of the other cameras. 

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation