Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 3 cameras continuously going offline

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
luaPJ3
Initiate
Initiate

I have 2 pro 3 cameras connected to a 4540r3 base station. Multiple times a day they are unavailable and appear offline. I reset base station in the app, they work for a while the drop again. Seems it’s the schedule mode causing the issue. I’ve check other threads and put base station into Armed mode and no drops so far. 

Why does schedule mode cause drop outs, why has Arlo not fixed this? Or have they…

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's likely not the schedule causing this but the signal between the hub and cameras. When "offline", what does the hub's LED show? If solid blue, it's not offline. Move a camera closer to the hub to see if it stays online at all times. If so, something about the signal strength and/or quality is causing the problem. Moving the hub to be closer to the cameras can be a solution but also check for other 2.4GHz wireless devices that may be interfering with the signal. House construction, things on/in the walls in the straight line path between the hub and cameras, etc. can all be issues that you may need to work around by repositioning cameras and/or hub.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation