Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 3 camera's recording every minute without motion

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
VGTEX
Aspirant
Aspirant

Think this was after an update perhaps to firmware around july ? Would help if we could read it easy and know that it was after a certain update. This is certainly loading up my Arlo Smart Premier subscription space.

Firmware 1.060.11.2_10_20a3998 on the  3 Arlo Pro 3 cams Hardware H10

I was getting 30-50 or so a day because of bees and stuff prior to this on all 4 devices with them set to 1 minute recording

Started with 1 Pro 3 camera recording almost every minute with no motion. It was just random meaning 1 minute then wait awhile and only till about 5pm then for no reason it stopped till next day. I would go in and delete most videos for that day. After quite awhile of this I removed this camera and reinstalled. Within 2-3 days the rest of my camera's (all 4) started recording randomly

Second problem never happened before. I use Arlo solar panels on all 4. They started showing red icon on battery and they are at 100%

8 REPLIES 8
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@VGTEX wrote:

Second problem never happened before. I use Arlo solar panels on all 4. They started showing red icon on battery and they are at 100%

That's not a problem actually.  Arlo decided that the icon should be red whenever the battery is not charging.  That includes when the battery is full (and of course at night, or when it's too cold for them to charge).  IMO choosing red for that status wasn't a good idea.

VGTEX
Aspirant
Aspirant

Red wouldn't be my choice either, didn't know they changed that.

450+ recordings going to Arlo Smart Premier subscription space yesterday at about 11.5mb each.

Light came on. The sun drops down about 5:30 where most the solar panels are not charging anymore and that is when the random recordings stop till next day. Wondering if they tinkered with anything else while they were in there modifying the code?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If the multiple recordings stop when the sun goes down, I suspect you're getting reflections of the sun's IR from leaves, cars, etc. Many of us use custom modes with different motion sensitivity settings to combat this behavior as well as positioning the cameras to eliminate the street, trees/bushes, etc. that could cause these reflections.

Post a screenshot of the camera view for suggestions.

VGTEX
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is the one does this most on end of house. I have speaker off and audio off detection. My first year with these and they have been installed I think since April and it was like overnight this one started randomly recording. This picture I took off a video back on Aug 16

Image.jpg

VGTEX
Aspirant
Aspirant

Better picture this was today and I aimed it lower to not pick up the tree line some time ago.

EDIT: I'm not seeing the picture or above, do I need certain # of posts?

Image.jpg

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@VGTEX wrote:

EDIT: I'm not seeing the picture or above, do I need certain # of posts?

Embedded photos are manually reviewed/approved before they are shown, which can take a little while.

VGTEX
Aspirant
Aspirant
Swapped camera with one on other end that is not on as much with same results. Just had the house pressure washed so no bee hives.

Too bad we miss first 3 second or so I read about these. Should work also if on solar and above say 50%
fenton11
Guide
Guide
Same here. Ever since the firmware update last week my cameras which are all are connected to a solar panel always display a red charging icon and 100% charge level even at night. It even says 100% charge first thing in the morning when I know there was battery used since prior it would show 90-95% charge level in the mornings with a green charging icon.
Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation