Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 3, batteries dead, green screens, incorrect network password, etc.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
chie
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought this system 12/2019 from BestBuy. It was installed 01/2020 and a camera has already DIED and been replaced at a cost of $17 to me, plus a trip to Fedex during a monstrous Covid spike.

Both camera batteries are DEAD. One has been replaced I'm in the queue 3 HOURS now to battle over getting the other DEAD BATTERY replaced.

In total I've spent 25+ hours in the tech support call queue. Half the time their system does NOT SAVE your place in the queue.

Half the pro 3 pix in the library are green screen or partial green screens. 

I added a wifi range extender because they were blaming my wifi signal for interruptions. HOWEVER the Arlo online directions to change networks DO NOT MATCH what is on the actual Arlo BRIDGE - there is no option to choose NETWORK on my system. 

Worse I get an error message the network password is WRONG but it works for all the other devices.

I've climbed up and down a ladder 20 times to confirm a camera was DEAD, same for the 1st battery.

Finally I called BestBuy today and they said to ask for a new system. I'm going to check with the credit card company I used to see if they can help. 

Using the Arlo system is like waiting for paint to dry it's a painfully slow to access. Tech support is a mental endurance test because given all the problems I've had they need to add a few hundred more tech support people.

It's just horrible the whole thing from the poorly designed WOBBLY camera mounts to cameras that don't work.... I wish I had NOT purchased it, it's been far more trouble than I could ever have imagined.

2 REPLIES 2
chie
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo Pro 3 with 2 cameras was installed January 2020 by July 2020 both cameras are DEAD as well as 2 DEAD batteries.  It all happened over the course of a few weeks.

I paid @ $17 for the 'we send you a camera then you RMA ours' option and apparently that camera is a refurb or DUD because it won't charge with the new battery.

Now I have 2 DEAD DUD cameras and 1 working battery all for $500! 

I've logged about 30 hours in the tech support queue and learned I have another problem which is Internet speed but that can't be fixed until the Covid dies down because the service provider isn't scheduling repairs like this until then.........

Today after 2.5 hours on HOLD and my request hitting the 30 hour mark on old for a SUPERVISOR which was IGNORED, the conversation is going nowhere - I need another NEW CAMERA - all of a sudden the customer service person disconnected the call.

Perhaps she was tired of me repeating the hours and hours and hours I've spent on hold but she didn't seem to understand I BOUGHT A LEMON - that's what one of the managers at BestBuy said and because I didn't buy their additional tech support it appears I am STUCK WITH A USELESS failed 6 month old ARLO system with a 1 year USELESS WARRANY - it came well recommended LOL.

Streak2
Master Master
Master

Let's first try and get the batteries charged.

Follow the instructions here to see if you can wake them up. 

https://kb.arlo.com/000052305/My-Arlo-Pro-or-Arlo-Pro-2-battery-is-dead-what-do-I-do

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation