Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
mgeorgecoolcool
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I just purchased a Arlo Pro 3.  I plugged the base into an internet ethernet port, and I can see the WiFi signal on my phone.  However, the WiFi requires a password to connect.  There are no instructions on the box or inside as far a WiFi password, and the app instructions simply say to connect, with no mention of a password.

I tried to call support, and wound up with a call back from apparently a third party scam company that wanted my app password, and to sell me on a 5 year subscription.  Person wouldn't email me to confirm authenticity, simply wanted all of my information over the phone.

I don't understand why there isn't support to setup this device.  Can anyone advise on what I need to do to connect to WiFi and complete setup of the camera to the base?

Thanks,

MG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@mgeorgecoolcool wrote:

No instructions with camera and base so I gotta ask: how do you add cameras to the base? 

You do another "Add Device", and make sure you choose the Pro 3 model camera.  Then follow the prompts in the app.

You do need to be connected to your home network.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@mgeorgecoolcool wrote:

I don't understand why there isn't support to setup this device.  Can anyone advise on what I need to do to connect to WiFi and complete setup of the camera to the base?

You DON'T connect your phone to the arlo wifi network.  That is a closed network, and you cannot join it.  The camera(s) will connect to it during onboarding.

First you add the base to your account using "Add Device" in the app.

After you've done that, you add the cameras to the base - again by using "Add Device" in the app.

Note you can also do this on a PC by browsing to my.arlo.com and logging into (or creating) your Arlo Account.

mgeorgecoolcool
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks StephenB.

No instructions with camera and base so I gotta ask: how do you add cameras to the base?  I did establish the base, but am still being asked to connect to WiFi.

Appreciate you help.

MG

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@mgeorgecoolcool wrote:

No instructions with camera and base so I gotta ask: how do you add cameras to the base? 

You do another "Add Device", and make sure you choose the Pro 3 model camera.  Then follow the prompts in the app.

You do need to be connected to your home network.

mgeorgecoolcool
Aspirant
Aspirant

I think I have a handle on this now, thanks again.

MG

mgeorgecoolcool
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks again for the help.  Cameras are now recognized and good to go!

mgeorgecoolcool
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi StephenB,

I’m running into the same issue with establishing a second base. Attached are two screenshot. As you can see in trying to establish a new base under devices, I’m taken to a tutorial. In arrowing thru the tutorial I can’t at the end continue to establish the device. In the second screenshot you can see that I am prompted to enter a wifi password, though as discussed there is no phone connection directly to the WiFi hub.

I’m doing something wrong I know because this “solved itself” last time. Can you (or anyone) help me to get on the right track?

Thanks,

MG
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@mgeorgecoolcool wrote:
. In the second screenshot you can see that I am prompted to enter a wifi password, though as discussed there is no phone connection directly to the WiFi hub.

I'm not seeing either screenshot.

mgeorgecoolcool
Aspirant
Aspirant

Apologies, screenshots would be accepted from my phone because they have .jpeg (not .jpg) extensions.

In any event I was finally able to establish the base by using a desktop computer instead of my iPhone.  A good comment by anyone that needs this help.  the iPhone would not complete an arrow through the tutorial, but a web browser did.  

Resolved... kind of.

Thanks,

MG

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation