Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 3 Not Recording with local storage

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
bethanyhutton61
Follower
Follower

I have 2 Pro 3 cameras and 1 Pro 4 camera. When my free trial ended for the smart notifications, my cameras stopped recording. I researched and discovered that I needed to do local storage on my base. So I've added a flash drive to my base and now at the top of my library it says it's saving videos to Cloud instead of Base. However, it is still not recording my videos. The only videos showing up are the Pro 4 whose trial hasn't ended yet. Is there something else I need to do so it will record once it detects motion?

4 REPLIES 4
dcfox1
Master
Master

@bethanyhutton61 wrote:

So I've added a flash drive to my base and now at the top of my library it says it's saving videos to Cloud instead of Base.

Where you see cloud in the library have you selected it and then select Smart Hub in the drop down to see the Hub recordings?

Local storage is limited in features so you won't see thumbnails like the cloud and you have to select them to download to view. 

What is Direct Storage Access and how do I use it? (arlo.com)

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@bethanyhutton61 wrote:

now at the top of my library it says it's saving videos to Cloud instead of Base. 

It doesn't mean that.  It means that you are looking at the cloud library (and not what is stored in the base).

As @dcfox1 says, you select the library you want to look at by pressing on the "cloud" and making a different choice.  

The default is Cloud, which of course is an annoyance if you don't have a subscription.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I just found a "solution" to having to select the base/hub in the library, completely by accident (no idea how long this has worked):

In the Devices tab, simply click on the number icon that displays the number of recordings. I'm not 100% sure but the number may remain as 0 if only using local recordings so click on it anyways. That automatically takes you to local recordings if you have no subscription.

OzVish
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you very much for sharing this trick.

I was just about to reset my base as I thought that it wasn't recording to local storage as I have 32GB stick.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation