Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 3 Dropped

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Ldubb1
Initiate
Initiate

My Pro 3 camera was dropped and the picture is now blurry.  Everything else works good but I cannot adjust the picture even with the settings.  Is there anyway to take the lens apart?  It is not cracked, Just blurry.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ldubb1
Initiate
Initiate

Stephen thankyou for the reply.  After more research and several hours of unfruitful YouTube video review, I removed the battery, decided to look closer inside the cameral casing and found a very easy solution.  The only requirements involved removing eight screws in order to obtain access to the camera lens where I discovered the glue holding the lens to the lens base had failed due to some type of impact.  Half of the old existing glue was on the lens and the other half was on the lens base so the orientation and repositioning was easy to figure out.  I reapplied a small amount to CA Adhesive and let it set for 30 minutes.  I screwed everything back together, reinstalled the battery and now the camera works better than new.  

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ldubb1 wrote:

My Pro 3 camera was dropped and the picture is now blurry.  Everything else works good but I cannot adjust the picture even with the settings.  Is there anyway to take the lens apart?  It is not cracked, Just blurry.

Not that I know of.  Is it visibly scratched?  It is also possible that the sensor is no longer at the focal point of the lens.

One thing you could try (though it is a long shot) is to do a factory reset.

If you have another camera covering the same area, you could potentially cross-trigger - recording on the other camera whenever this one detects motion.

Ldubb1
Initiate
Initiate

Stephen thankyou for the reply.  After more research and several hours of unfruitful YouTube video review, I removed the battery, decided to look closer inside the cameral casing and found a very easy solution.  The only requirements involved removing eight screws in order to obtain access to the camera lens where I discovered the glue holding the lens to the lens base had failed due to some type of impact.  Half of the old existing glue was on the lens and the other half was on the lens base so the orientation and repositioning was easy to figure out.  I reapplied a small amount to CA Adhesive and let it set for 30 minutes.  I screwed everything back together, reinstalled the battery and now the camera works better than new.  

Hope this helps.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ldubb1 wrote:

I removed the battery, decided to look closer inside the cameral casing and found a very easy solution.  The only requirements involved removing eight screws in order to obtain access to the camera lens where I discovered the glue holding the lens to the lens base had failed due to some type of impact.  Half of the old existing glue was on the lens and the other half was on the lens base so the orientation and repositioning was easy to figure out.  I reapplied a small amount to CA Adhesive and let it set for 30 minutes.  I screwed everything back together, reinstalled the battery and now the camera works better than new.  

Thanks for following up - this could help other folks in the future.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation