Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
jwong1008
Tutor
Tutor

I bought a three-camera Pro 3 kit some years back at Costco. I don't have a subscription but I was able to use the 3 cameras via the Base Station with little to no problem until about 2 weeks ago. The Base Station started to flashing amber. Restarting the machine and reconnecting the LAN connection didn't resolve the issue. All the cameras were also flashing amber and appear on the app as offline. So I followed the support database and removed all the devices from my account and re-added them. The Base Station took some time to add back on but it was finally working. Two of the three cameras I was able to add back to my account successfully and the system is working as normal.

The remaining camera was flashing amber and would not respond when I tried to add it back on the account, so I tried removing the battery and re-insert it (that battery was re-charged a day or two just before all these happened). The light on the camera did not came back on once the battery was added back on (ie. not flashing any light and no sign that the camera was on at all). I tried to remove the battery again and leave it off the camera for overnight and the next day when I tried to reconnect the battery to the camera it still doesn't have show any light. I tried to swap the battery from one of the working cameras, and the working camera indicated that the battery (from the camera that does not work) is now low (even though there was no indication that the not working camera was turned on). I am re-charging the battery with the working camera. The battery that I took from the working camera to insert to the malfunctioning camera was still unable to get it to work (ie. still no light / indication the camera is now functioning).

Does anyone has any suggestions on what else I can do to try to get the camera working again? Any help would be appreciated!

8 REPLIES 8
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Try a hardware reset on the camera. 

1. If it is in the account, remove it. 
  2. Then open the housing and pressing the sync button until the camera LED flashes amber (about 15 seconds). 
  3. Then try to add the camera to the account again.
jwong1008
Tutor
Tutor

It's not in the account anymore. I had removed all the cameras when I first tried to reset the Base Station and all three cameras. Two of the three cameras were re-connected back to the account with no issue.

I had also removed the camera from the housing and tried to press the sync button. The camera does not react. There is no light, no indication that it's on,  cannot be found when I tried to re-add the camera after the Base Station was working again.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jwong1008 wrote:

I had also removed the camera from the housing and tried to press the sync button. The camera does not react. There is no light, no indication that it's on, 

Make sure it is charged.

How long did you hold the sync button?

jwong1008
Tutor
Tutor

Since the not functioning camera is not showing any status and it's not added to the network (per I mentioned above), we were unable to tell whether the battery was working or not. We tried to swap the battery out with a battery from a working camera (which has a full charge). However we are still unable to get the non-functional camera to turn on or reacting to anything.

We have tried to hold the sync button for 15 seconds, but there was no light or any signal that the camera was responding.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jwong1008 wrote:

We have tried to hold the sync button for 15 seconds, but there was no light or any signal that the camera was responding.

Have you examined the spring clips on the camera body (particularly the four connecting to the battery)?

jwong1008
Tutor
Tutor

You mean the four metal points that corresponding to the 4 metal strips to the battery? Yes, I have looked at them and they don't look corroded or damaged (comparing to the ones on the working cameras).

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jwong1008 wrote:

You mean the four metal points that corresponding to the 4 metal strips to the battery?

That is what I meant - sometimes they have gotten corroded or damaged.

jwong1008
Tutor
Tutor

No, the four points in the not functioning camera looked normal to me. I even compared them against one of the working cameras and did not notice anything different.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation