Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
HHHHHH
Initiate
Initiate
After I change the Power Management setting to Best Battery Life (and click ‘OK’ to acknowledge that this affects video quality), I will close out of that Device and return later to that Device and check Video Settings for Power Management, where it appears the setting has reverted Best Video. -???!

I’ve tried this several times now, and it appears the setting reverts to Best Video immediately. Why??
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Please make sure to update your iOS app to the latest version available from the app store and let us know if you're still experiencing this issue.

JamesC

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
dcfox1
Master
Master

I just checked that on Iphone app and it does do that so your not alone but on web portal it did work. Mabey deleting and reinstalling the phone app fixes it if you need it on your phone. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

HHHHHH,

As mentioned above, do you also experience this issue when logged in on the web client?

JamesC

Boboandjazz
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same issue. I try to change the power management setting and it reverts back to “best” whether I change it on the app or online via computer. It is eating up my battery life!
dcfox1
Master
Master

@Boboandjazz Did you try it in the web  client it worked for me there on computer but not on iphone app. 

DennisRobertson
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same problem with the energy management setting not working on my iPhone. Killing my battery life. One day, not three months!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

JamesC

HHHHHH
Initiate
Initiate

Thank you for the update regarding the Arlo development team.  It was mystifying that the mobile app kept reverting and forgetting my settings.  The work-around suggestion to use the web platform did work for me in the meanwhile.

morke
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the ame problem with changing power management not "sticking" on iPhone.  Seems to work on web interface.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Please make sure to update your iOS app to the latest version available from the app store and let us know if you're still experiencing this issue.

JamesC

dcfox1
Master
Master

@JamesC    It appears to now stay on correct settings now with updated app. I am now a getting a confirmation message when changing setting that I didn't when this was happing. 

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation