Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Port forwarding arlo pro 3 vm4540

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
JF234
Tutor
Tutor

I am a new owner of the  Arlo Pro 3 with the 4540 base station connected to an ASUS router and using the latest android app

The Arlo app generated one number for an internal and external port.   I have port forwarding turned on and it does not seem to work.  I can access the usb storage when connected via wifi, however, when I try to access the usb storage from my cell phone,  I keep getting the error: "there was an error obtaining your library.  Arlo Team is working on this issue"

please advise what is required and what settings must be used to get the port forwarding to work.

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JF234
Tutor
Tutor

thanks for the advise.  I have full access now with port forwarding enabled.  In the end it was my internet account/provider that had to be reconfigured.   

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Mavrrick
Luminary
Luminary

Make sure you have TCP specified as the protocol to allow through. Also just double check the ports and make sure the IP of your hub is the right one that is in the port forward rule. 

I would also suggest you setup what is called a DHCP reservation for your hub so that it's ip never changes. Without this the Hubs ip may change periodically which would make the rule you setup invalid. You should be able to do this in the DHCP configuration for the router. It may also be called a Static IP in the router setup.

JF234
Tutor
Tutor

thanks for the advise.  I have full access now with port forwarding enabled.  In the end it was my internet account/provider that had to be reconfigured.   

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation