Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Phantom audio recording, but no sound

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
FirstCup
Star
Star

First problem, cameras are 1000 miles away. System has been up maybe 2 years with 3 pro 3 cameras and 2 pro 2 cameras and has worked well. Sometime last year an outside pro 3 camera on a solar charge started recording  over a thousand times a day for audio detection for maybe up to 5 minutes at a time every few minutes. I played with the settings, no mic, no speaker etc. everything I could find to change remotely as it will be some time before I can go to the location. Nothing worked so I disabled the camera. This past week an inhouse pro 3 camera started doing the same thing. This one is on AC power. I have the smarthub on a wemo remote switch so I can reboot power to it but that has no effect on the system after a reboot. ???

Thanks Terry

2 REPLIES 2
dcfox1
Master
Master

Have you checked to make sure you have "Audio is Detected" unchecked in you cameras rules. 

FirstCup
Star
Star

I rechecked settings and found audio checked but grayed out. went through and changed that but also received a firmware update today for the pro 3 cameras. I'll see how that works out for a couple weeks but I do like to have my cameras pick up audio for off camera activity.

Thanks for your help

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation