Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

PRO 3 SOLAR PANEL

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
FlyDiva2017
Follower
Follower
PLEASE HELP!!! Purchased 2 solar panels from Best Buy about a month ago, both are in full SUN locations, sometimes they work other days they don’t, batteries get down to 20%~37% before it starts to recharge, if that, do I have 2 duds, Why is this happening?
2 REPLIES 2
dcfox1
Master
Master

They are just a trickle charger unlike AC so if you have a lot of activity it may have trouble keeping up. If they are in the shade certain times of the day or a cloudy day that will effect the charge.  I have one in full sun most most the day and does keep up but when cloudy for more then a day I lose some charge and it may take a while to charge back up depending on the drain. I would bring them in and fully charge them then see how it keeps up. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@dcfox1 wrote:

I have one in full sun most most the day and does keep up but when cloudy for more then a day I lose some charge and it may take a while to charge back up depending on the drain. 

That's my experience also (with an Ultra camera).  Even with the panel, I do need to bring the camera inside every now and then to recharge it.  Though that is mostly in the winter - the camera won't charge if there's an extended cold snap.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation