Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Over £1,000 and I'm not sure this is what I paid for? 😮

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
imaner76
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought the 4 camera kit and also the door bell. I removed my Ring Pro and Logi Circle cameras and thus far... I am a little concerned. 🤔

None of the cameras are more than 50ft from the hub. It's a new UK build house so no solid construction in the way. The hub is attached to a NETGEAR Nighthawk AX12 and has a 1TB SDD for local storage. They are all up to date according to the app. The garden camera fails to connect 99% of the time. The signal shown is two bars. The front doorbell camera video just turns to mush, or simply cuts the bottom 3/4 of the video off completely in some kind of digital distortion. As do the two internal cameras for my 4 years old's room and the corridor he uses to go to the toilet. Those cameras are about 15 ft away from the hub and the router. Live view takes about 20/30 seconds to come on, before starting to distort and cut large sections of the video feed off and has a delay of about the same time scale!? That is assuming I don't get the "The device failed to connect. Please try again" or "timed out". I have ordered two solar panels, extra charging cables and covers for them but I'm starting to think I may have made the wrong choice... The now £1300 for this combined makes me feel a little foolish. 

Are they supposed to be this bad?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
No definitely not, I don't have those issues, first thing I would do is check your internet UPLOAD speed, i think they need a minimum of 2mb upload per camera, if that's ok then it sounds like interference, I personally brought a £5 5 meter cable from Screwfix to go from router to smart hub and put it behind the sofa so there is minimal interference.
Also unplug the hub for 10 minutes when doing this.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
No definitely not, I don't have those issues, first thing I would do is check your internet UPLOAD speed, i think they need a minimum of 2mb upload per camera, if that's ok then it sounds like interference, I personally brought a £5 5 meter cable from Screwfix to go from router to smart hub and put it behind the sofa so there is minimal interference.
Also unplug the hub for 10 minutes when doing this.
Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
After the last set of updates my live view from the cameras happen with 3 seconds, I must add though all my cameras are plugged into the mains, incase this has any effect
imaner76
Aspirant
Aspirant

It would appear that the proximity to the router was causing the issue! I've moved it well away from the router and the situation is greatly improved! Thank you!

The front door bell still have video partial break up, I'll see if I can submit footage for Arlo to look at and see if they can advise. 

Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Your welcome 🙂
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation