Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Error: SD Card < 16 GB

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
arlo9090
Tutor
Tutor

No matter what external hard disk I use I see this error. This is happening for a few months and I still can't get it to work.

Firmware on the base station is 

1.16.2.5_603_62dfaa0

Hardware is
VMB4540r2

Does anyone in this forum/group facing this issue? My external drive is definitely more 16GB and max with 2TB. I bought this (external drive from) from Costco and local recording was working earlier and suddenly stopped working.

I think this is the tactic Arlo is using now to force people to subscribe to the Cloud recordings I guess. Looks like we need to report this to consumer reporting or reach out to the management. Very frustrating as these things are not cheap and supposed to work flawlessly and that is what the security means.

5 REPLIES 5
dcfox1
Master
Master

There have been post about that error with some USB drives that the 4540 uses witch I assume you meant not SD. Have you tried format it again through the app?. I have a 32GB scandisk brand stick that works fine. Arlo change the 16GB or greater requirement early this year but sounds like you have more then enough. 

arlo9090
Tutor
Tutor
This is what I see from my app on my iPhone!
arlo9090
Tutor
Tutor
I also reached out to Matt (CEO) and he had promised that some one will Tech support will reach out to me. I’m not sure what caused this issue in the first place!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Hard drives could be a problem, especially if powered only by the USB port. A thumb drive is generally much more than sufficient and easier to (un)mount.

arlo9090
Tutor
Tutor

I would agree if the same harddisk was not working earlier. It was working perfectly 3 months back without any issues.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation