Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Notifications are constant! Wanting it to be more like Ring...

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Masonwil6
Follower
Follower

Hi all,

I’m new to Arlo, just picked the set of 3 from Costco. So far I love the cameras! I’m someone who is switching from Ring (I had a spotlight cam and a battery cam) that worked pretty well. However I wanted HomeKit support and decided to change. Anyway, the notifications with Arlo have been non stop. On my ring camera typically notifications would come through when it detected a person, and it was only one notification for an event. My Arlo’s seem to send a 5-6 notifications as I walk around the front of my house even if it’s only 5-10 seconds later. Is there any way to make it only send one per event?

Also, maybe this is just a feature request but Ring had the ability to “Mute for 30 minutes” or “mute for 1 hour” from the notification itself on my iPhone. Any way to do that with Arlo?

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Masonwil6 wrote:

My Arlo’s seem to send a 5-6 notifications as I walk around the front of my house even if it’s only 5-10 seconds later. Is there any way to make it only send one per event?

There's no direct way, but there are a couple of things you can try.  One is to lengthen the recording time, which should reduce the number of notifications in rapid succession. 

You can also set up activity zones or reduce motion sensitivity.  Though of course doing either will block some alerts that you might actually want.   Activity Zones can't be scheduled, but you can set up a schedule for motion sensitivity.  If you use geofencing, you can reduce the sensitivity when you are home during the day, but increase it when you are away during the day or at night (whether home or not).

MVT
Apprentice
Apprentice

if you go to settings you can mute notifications for 30 minutes, 1 hour, 3 hours or 24 hours.  it only mutes them on one device, so if you have given another person permission, they have to mute them themselves.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation