Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Notification failure when other apps are using

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Loeloeloe
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have been setting up a pet cam to monitor if my dog ate his poop, the app failed to give push notifications when I am using other app such as YouTube. I am so frustrated that I could react immediately when I am at home to stop my dog eating his poop but now I am witnessing his behaviour rendering the cam became useless.

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not an app programmer but I don't see why Youtube or any other app would block a push notification. The sound, maybe, but not the push itself. Are you on Android or iOS? Have you rebooted the phone and reinstalled the app?

Loeloeloe
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply. I am using iOS, with the current most update version.

Not only the problem persists when I was watching Youtube, it appears when I am using Arlo app.

The push notifications would be blocked and not shown at the top, also the sound of the notification. I again had the same encounter as I found the dog ate the poop when I was having shower and the phone was actually with me physically but I still was not able to be notified about that.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not an iOS user here so can't help with that part. Maybe someone else can jump in here.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you using Focus on the iPhone?  That can delay notifications.

Loeloeloe
Aspirant
Aspirant

I never use the Focus before. This happens again just now when I was at mobile Zoom meeting and my dog simultaneously having his poop buffet at the toilet. I am so desperate to seek an official solution to this..

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Loeloeloe wrote:

I never use the Focus before. This happens again just now when I was at mobile Zoom meeting and my dog simultaneously having his poop buffet at the toilet. I am so desperate to seek an official solution to this..

Have you tried phone support?

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation