Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Cummon Arlo , both me and my father having the same issue yesterday and today in the UK, getting loads of notifications but random cameras actually not recording.
We have both restarted hubs with no change.
These are not cheap cameras and i feel like I've purchased cheap!
300 REPLIES 300
Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Also because I'm stupid, I've just done the most stupid thing a stupid person does!
I've just ordered the ultra x4 set as I saw it on Amazon half price!
So I can sell my pro 3 set in January and get my money back.
Least I will renew my 1 year warranty and get 1 year free subscription I suppose
unhappy-camper
Aspirant
Aspirant

this is ridiculous!!!

I got rid of my KUNA cameras for the highly rated Arlo pro3 cameras.

they are not recording. I reset everything!!! 

how about letting me trade in my Arlo Pro 3 for the Arlo Pro 4????

I hate having this stupid hub box that clearly interferes with my wifi.

unhappy-camper
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo pro3 cameras not recording and no customer service.

I am going to start writing on amazon, cnet, toms guide and others so nobody else doesn't get suckered in to buying these over rated cameras.

unhappy-camper
Aspirant
Aspirant

should have gotten the 20 dollar wizen cameras

Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
How long have you had the cameras? Also are you getting motion notifications but just no recordings?
Kaynadian
Luminary
Luminary

Hi all,

I'm sorry for the silence, but I haven't heard from Arlo until this morning. Arlo keeps asking for evidence/information and I feel that I've given them everything I could, and just can't afford any more time doing it anymore when we're no longer making progress. I have switched to another company's cameras and left two Arlo Cameras active as a "light" option in the dark areas around my home. 

With the new company, I haven't had any issues, and when I have minor issues they send a tech over to repair and replace anything if needed. Quite frankly, I'm pretty satisfied with their service and their pricing is around the same, so I'm not looking back. Sorry I may no longer to be any help, but I strongly suggest when you run into a different vendor to try them out. I went with my Internet Provider and they are amazing. From my experience, I would try a company that offers in-person support, so that may be something more local (if possible)!

Happy New Year! Hope everyone is Arlo-issue free!

Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi after the latest arlo update my cameras are even more useless than they already were before!

now my fixed length time recordings don't work and every other detection will only get a notification but no recording!

I have now decided to leave arlo due to their lack of ability to get products to work or interest.

i was wondering if anyone has had any success in other brands?

Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Oh and just to make everyone extremely cautious about relying on cloud recordings. Yesterday i installed a memory thumb stick for the first time saturday, anyway i had an extra 30 recordings on my memoery stick compared to the cloud!! Shocking, i have all notifications set to record but only half do and some dont even notify me. I reset cameras etc and had same result last night, haha what a joke this whole ststem really is!
Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
I would just like to add my findings of me using a usb thumb drive.
I have always had a arlo subscription but have always had issues with missed recordings but was always getting notifications! This was tedious to the point of every day i would have several missed recordings.
I figured out that if i turned off arlo smart on any camera then that camera wouldn't miss anything.
I decided i would rather turn off smart on all cameras as getting smart notifications was less important than actually getting a video.
Anyway as i had lost all confidence i decided to put 1 of my 3 cameras on a cvr subscription. If anyone is thinking of this you have to have permanent power, cheap aftermarket power adapters dont provide enough volts! You can use afternarket cables but you need an official arlo plug.
Message to the arlo team, it should be a minimum feature that i should be able to fast forward the timeline maybe 10 times as apposed to just stopping dead on a specific time.
Anyway until recently ( after updates i think) even with smart off i am getting even more missed recordings and notifications than i was getting before when i was using smart.
Ive completely had enough of this system so decided to try the usb memory stick route. I have been using this all week and i can say i have tested this to death and not one single recording or notification has been missed.
The problems with doing it this way!

1) The cvr timeline will only show a dot when motion is detected rather than a timed legnth green line.
2) when using the library there is no screen shot tile of the event in the library, only a grey box until you open it then you get a tile, which means you have to go through every video.
3) i cant access my videos away from home unless i do some port forwarding trickery which i havent attemped yet.
4) cvr cannot be recorded to a memory device, only the cloud!
Please arlo this should be a feature especially as your system doesn't work.

Before anyone reads this and thinks oh what does he expect buying a camera system thats supposed to be used with a cloud subscription.
Well i purchased this fully aware and with the intention of paying for a subscription, but i feel i have now been forced to use this system this way as its completely unreliable with the cloud service, i love the idea of getting a screen shot flash up on my phone if someone is at my door, but i just doesnt work often enough.
I kept doing things my end thinking it must be my end with the issue so i even purchased another base with the same issue. I downloaded an internet recorder monitor app and i constantly had 58mbs download and 16mbs upload speeds which should be more than enough for 3 cameras.
I seriously feel that i have purchased a half finished product! The cameras are great and every feature including activity zones work perfectly for me. Its literally the cloud service is rubbish!
Also just to add, assume this only applies to the pro 3 as this is what i have.
Many people have issues with the activity zones i had tested this also to the death and can say that...
When the camera is on battery the camera will record every motion then go to the broken arlo smart centre to then decide if the motion was in your zone, also the security light if active will turn on everytime.
On permanent power the activity zones are like they become built into the camera itself, the led bright light will only come on when the zone is picked up. I can literally make a small zone in one end of the cameras view and jump around everywhere else without any activation of camera or the led light, as soon as i go into the zone, bing i get light and recordings.
Like i say this all proves that the hardware is brilliant! Its just the aftercare and cloud service that let it down.
Please arlo if you cant provide a decent cloud service then provide a better home storage experience, at least then the customers can still be happy!
Sorry for the long update, these are only my personal views and findings.
Sabastian
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi shaun1234. I'm having all the same problems. Video not recording, getting notifications but no video in my library. I've Uninstalled and reinstalled all the cameras at least a dozen time, pulled the battery and re-synced them too. They seem to work fine for a day then it goes back to acting up again. I was wondering since you have used the thumb drive, are you getting all your video? If I didn't spend so much money on it I would have toss this system a long time ago.
Sabastian
Aspirant
Aspirant
This morning i watched as 3 of my cameras light turn on to tell me that I set off all of them. I at least know that I set them off. That was 6:30 am. I was at work and decided to check my arlo and no surprise here there were no videos or notification to be found for the day. That was 11:00 am. I'm pretty sure that people were walking about and my neighbors went to work today. I'm at a lost. I know I set it off but why is it not recoding? I bought this (pro 3) because all the reviews were very good but no one mentioned anything about this problem. I'm tired of getting on my ladder and restarting and re-syncing this system. Might might as well make a sign telling everyone that my system works sometime. Has anyone got anywhere with this problem?
Sabastian
Aspirant
Aspirant
Also, I don't know if anyone has had a problem with this but sometime my local storage does not show up as an option when going to your library. I make sure I'm on the same network as the arlo when doing this.When it works properly you have an option of the cloud or the thumb drive. I have to eject the thumb drive and restart this. Hub and most of the time that fixes it. Any information would be greatly appreciated. I really want to believe in this product!!!! When it works properly, it's great!!! The problem is it doesn't work as intended most of the time. HELP!!!!
Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Yes i can confirm non of my 3 cameras have missed a single event since i cancelled subscription and used 128gb thumb drive.
Just a note i find it more reliable when i want to view local recordings to open the app, scroll down past the cameras to the bottom and on the bottom right next to the setting cog you will see a little rectangular symbol.
Sabastian
Aspirant
Aspirant
Do you have access to cloud storage still since you canceled the subscription? Or are you only able to view your library(thumb drive) when you get home and connected to the same network.
Sabastian
Aspirant
Aspirant
Do you sometime have trouble see the drive? I currently have a 100gb drive in mind and sometimes when I go into the library I don't get an option to switch from cloud to thumb drive. When I get home I will check for this triangle icon by the setting cog on the bottom right. I have only acces the thumb drive by selecting the library and then selecting the thumb drive option when it works. I read somewhere that the magic gb is between 128gb and 200gb. For some reason the hub likes this range. If that is true I will purchase a 128gb drive. Thanks in advance for the info.
dcfox1
Master
Master

@Sabastian I have a cheap 64 GB thumbnail drive and it works fine but if you need longer storage yea go bigger.  I just use it as back up since I have not had the problem with missing cloud recordings with a subscription. 

Sabastian
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for the info fox. I'm glad that you are not having any of these problems that we are having. Does yours have any problems at all? If not I'm very jealous!!!
dcfox1
Master
Master

@Sabastian wrote:
Thanks for the info fox. I'm glad that you are not having any of these problems that we are having. Does yours have any problems at all? If not I'm very jealous!!!

Had them for a year and just minor things that rebooting the base or cam didn't fix. There was some times when Arlo had problems with Activity Zones but that was fixed. 

Orthodocx
Aspirant
Aspirant
I do t ha e and dont want the cloud subscription. The hub stopped recording. Why?
Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Sorry you haven't really explained your situation.
K80Shooter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

@Orthodocx 

The only way to view the cloud is to have a subscription after the 3 month trial is over. If you have a usb or other device hooked to the hub you can view that. To view on a computer you must eject the drive from the hub then plug it into the computer to view.

Sabastian
Aspirant
Aspirant
Well now I can add another thing to the problems of my arlo system. I no longer get notifications. I made sure that I have everything turned on. This is sad!
andrearenee04
Aspirant
Aspirant
Any solutions? I’m having the same problem with my Arlo Pro 3
Sabastian
Aspirant
Aspirant
What is working for me right now is I reset the hub twice a day. I seems to get it out of a cycle where some of my cameras have not been recording for the past 2-8 hours. I know its not a fix and more of a band-aid. I have come to terms with the fact that I should have spent a little more money and bought a poe camera system. The only reason I have done it is the fact that I don't want to throw the money spent on this away and I don't want to sell this system to someone knowing it is faulty right now. I say right now because I really hope ARLO resolve these issue. Until then not buying anymore of their product.!
kr67mustang
Luminary
Luminary

WOW- what a surprise, Arlo Pro 3 having problems. This must be the worst product/company out there. Thousands of issues with so few fixes. I don't know why I bought this product and so many other buying it either with so many issues and no solutions- Just today My camera Pro 3 also does not record to library but I am able to watch live video. So, I thought I would come checkout Arlo Community Board and low in behold here is the issue with so many replies.

Discussion stats