Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Bb_West
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi
This morning Arlo had logged me out. Trying to log back in, Arlo tells me I am not connected to internet but I can access everything else on the net.
Using Galaxy A51
Any idea's?
Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bb_West
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi James
Thanks for your reply
Have no idea what was going on this morning.
Rebooted my phone several times but could not log in.
Checked my wife's phone showing she was logged in.
After disconnecting her everything is back working again.
Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Bb_West,

Are you seeing the same behavior when your device is connected to WiFi and mobile data? Are you still seeing the same behavior now?

JamesC

Bb_West
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi James
Thanks for your reply
Have no idea what was going on this morning.
Rebooted my phone several times but could not log in.
Checked my wife's phone showing she was logged in.
After disconnecting her everything is back working again.
Thanks for your help.
GLX
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,  if the app cannot reach the Arlo servers for any reason (datacenters outage in TX, power outage, storm, flood, etc) it blocks you on purpose from viewing the cameras, even if your local network is fully operational.  

You can test this by streaming LIVE from your camera and unplug your internet, then you will see that the camera continues to stream until you stop it (and continues to record to the hub storage), after which the app doesn't allow you to access the stream again if it cannot connect to their server. 

This is a disaster waiting to happen when many users will be in this situation and it is a major problem that Arlo needs to address ASAP.

GLX
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just to be clear, besides the issue above which I am confident that the Arlo engineers will get it addressed in a positive way to keep it's users happy and safe :), I do want to congratulate the team for the excellent job they did on the cameras, especially the Ultra/ Ultra2 series!

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation