Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
jsaus63304
Luminary
Luminary

For the last two days, I can not access my recordings on the base from any cameras and doorbell.  I am still getting notifications and a snapshot, but no new or past recordings are available.  Is this a ploy to make us subscribe?  I have had the cameras a long time and have done all the trouble shooting tips to no avail.

97 REPLIES 97
StanKL
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry. I don't know what was done to mess up the IOS link/app. Just make sure your phone is connected to the same network your base is on.  Seems we regularly can count on a bug showing up or something going wrong.

Android app was ok this AM, but slow of course. I got an alert 1 minute after the knock on my door... and no... it's not due to slow speed of my network.

dcfox1
Master
Master

@Majeson wrote:
Hm, since Saturday it is not saved any more.

Since you have IOS FWIW Local recordings are working fine for me on IOS. 

Shaun_C
Aspirant
Aspirant
Did you break it again with 3.5.4? I’m not able to access the recordings. They are there; motion is being recorded (when something moves slow enough, otherwise the delay in record start misses it), but I can only see them if I remove the SD card, and buy a whole new codec to watch on my PC.

Are you sensing some frustration with Arlo?
jsaus63304
Luminary
Luminary

I have that version and is still working for me (as of now)

dcfox1
Master
Master

Just tried it and it is working fine on IOS 3.5.4  Takes a couple seconds to load sometimes when switching. 

Shaun_C
Aspirant
Aspirant
It’s not that I can’t load the videos, it’s that the app can’t seem to find them. When I pull the card, the files are there.
IMG_5280.JPG.jpg
Koby
Aspirant
Aspirant
Here is what I replied to tech support with as I believe this is the root cause of the issue.
20210728_223237.jpg
Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

And what's that supposed to mean?

Shaun_C
Aspirant
Aspirant
Koby, I can make all the lemonade I want, but not seeing the video is a HUGE issue. I can’t pull the SD card on every notification.
Shaun_C
Aspirant
Aspirant
And now it’s working again. 🤦🏼‍♂️
StanKL
Aspirant
Aspirant

With the Android version, recording on my Hub's storage works. However, occasionally, not often, I can't get recordings in 2K. But if I restart the App everything is fine and continues to operate fine.  Is there a bug somewhere? Could it be due to the time it takes for the App to recognize that the network is connected? Maybe it doesn't recognize the WiFi is on? ...Don't know....

But I have been experiencing an interesting situation for quite a while.... every morning circa 06:10AM I get a local recording on the Hub storage, but there is no corresponding recording in the cloud. The Hub recordings all last exactly 10 seconds. There was no alert and I can't see any movement in the Hub's videos. Anybody else experience this? What am I missing??

Shaun_C
Aspirant
Aspirant
If it’s the same time, could it be a car passing by? Arlo has a delay from motion detection to recording start (don’t ask me why), and I get these all the time. I’m set to record until motion stops (300 sec limit), and if a fox runs by, it won’t pick him up and it creates a 10 sec recording. If he trots by, I get a video of him, beginning right in front of the camera, as he goes from one side to the other.

I have no idea why it wouldn’t upload the video to Arlo servers.
StanKL
Aspirant
Aspirant

Shaun_C:

Thanks for the response. It's not a car passing -- nearest street is not anywhere near my activity zone. I have the Alerts set to "People", "Vehicles" and "Animals". Maybe it's an almost invisible insect near the camera. But weird that it's on a 6AM flight schedule. The real mystery is why whatever it is is not also on the Arlo cloud server.  Either It's a phantom trigger that only actuates local storage, or the Arlo servers are ignoring (or unable to respond to) a quick event.  I guess it is therefore due to the exceedingly slow response (latency) of the Arlo/hub camera system.

Donetz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Before the Android app update, couldn't see any local recordings in the app. 

After the update, only one of my three cameras would show recordings in the app. 

In desperation, I deregistered the 2 affected cameras, powered them off by removing the battery for several minutes, then re-registered them with the base station and now all three are showing recordings in the app. 

👨‍🔧

Shaun_C
Aspirant
Aspirant
Sorry for the delay. The email ended up in the Junk folder.

I do get a lot of bugs that set off the camera. It records, usually a 10-second video of nothing. Sometimes, a spider will crawl over the lens and the video will run on for a while, or I might see a moth or other large insect flying away.

My problem is the app is not seeing the recordings. When I pull the SD card, there they are. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Spectre0
Aspirant
Aspirant

2 things to check.  Are your notifications muted?  Check your smart notifications to see if they are on.

Shaun_C
Aspirant
Aspirant
For me, yes, I get the notification, the sound dings, and the thumbnail shows up on the Devices tab. When I goto the Library tab, there’s nothing there. I’ve changed SD cards, formatted them, deleted and reinstalled the app, and nothing works. Yet, the video files are there when I look at the SD card.
Shaun_C
Aspirant
Aspirant
One thing I forgot. So far, the app finds the video files once in a while. Then it works for a 2-3 days, the. It drops out again, seemingly all randomly.

In all, the hard is working exactly as it should. It detects motion (for some reason, it has always delayed the start of recording—all the way back to the Netgear says with Ver. 1), sends a notification to the app.

The app sends a notification (this may be a singular process, not dual), and creates a thumbnail. Something is just not working on the Library tab.
Lani1
Aspirant
Aspirant

as of today 10/6/2021:  I can't view my local recordings.  Arlo tech support hasn't mentioned of any known issues.  I've tried to switch usb flash drive.   Is anyone else still having this issue?

thanks

roosterray84
Aspirant
Aspirant
Recordings are not showing up in my library how do I fix this
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

roosterray84,

Do you have an active Arlo Secure subscription plan?

JamesC

Lani1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James,

My "trial period" ended today.  I did speak with someone from Arlo.  He said that the engineer team is working on this issue and should be corrected with the next Arlo app update.  The update should be available in a month.  For now I have to transfer the usb flashdrive from the smart hub to my PC to view the recordings.  Not the ideal way, but okay for now.

Thanks

StanKL
Aspirant
Aspirant

My local recording stopped too. SUPPORT has been saying for months now that their "engineers" are working on an update that will fix it. It was OK for while and now it's off again. What a buggy mess this system is!

Be forewarned. It's not anywhere close to a system to be used for "security". Never again for me!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

StanKL,

Try reinstalling the Arlo mobile app, do you still experience the same behavior?

JamesC

StanKL
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, JamesC. I should have tried reinstalling the app since I had to re-install it several times before to get the local storage back.