Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
jsaus63304
Luminary
Luminary

For the last two days, I can not access my recordings on the base from any cameras and doorbell.  I am still getting notifications and a snapshot, but no new or past recordings are available.  Is this a ploy to make us subscribe?  I have had the cameras a long time and have done all the trouble shooting tips to no avail.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue has been resolved with the latest version of the Arlo Mobile App. Please make sure you have the latest version (3.5.2) downloaded and installed from the app store.

Thank you,

JamesC

View solution in original post

97 REPLIES 97
jsaus63304
Luminary
Luminary

I might add that a new update occurred on 7/20/21 and that probably screwed up my recordings.   ARLO, FIX THIS!!!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jsaus63304,

This issue has been escalated and is currently being investigated by the development team. I will provide an update once we have more informtion.

JamesC

ptpender
Aspirant
Aspirant

Watching this for updates as I am experiencing the same issue.

Herty
Tutor
Tutor
Since the newly updated arlo app om my Smartphone on june 20th 2021, the option to access the recordings on the smarthub has dissapeared. When will this be restored?
jsaus63304
Luminary
Luminary

Four days and not resolved.  Why doesn't Arlo just roll back to previous version and send as an update while they solve thus?

jsaus63304
Luminary
Luminary

Same issue with all my cameras as well as doorbell.  Obviously the last update and they have been made aware.   They need to test the updates before they release them.

Seckley
Initiate
Initiate

Same issue as previously reported.  No recordings available. 

crclark47
Initiate
Initiate
Same problem, submitted separate issue ticket with no reply to date. Eagerly awaiting response as I have several triggered videos I'd like to review.
Scupper
Initiate
Initiate

Same problem, eagerly waiting for a solution so that I can see my recordings on my phone.

Mottom
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm experiencing the same issue,I'm unable to view library recordings with my phone or pc. Also noticed in the armed rule summery the record video is grayed out.

Huakuoshan
Tutor
Tutor

Same issue. 

Version
3.5.0_7
Released
7/17/2021
Scupper
Initiate
Initiate

My problem is with v 3.5.1_28380, released 7/20/2021.

I tried deleting that version and installing an older one but before I could get that working the app had auto-updated to the new version (above) and there seemed to be no way of stopping auto-update. Before I found that the problem was the software, I spent hours trying to troubleshoot, pressing factory reset on the hub and having to take down all my cameras and re-synch them. Now that the cameras are reconnected I get notifications of motions but they are basically just ornamental until this issue is fixed.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Mottom wrote:

I'm experiencing the same issue,I'm unable to view library recordings with my phone or pc. Also noticed in the armed rule summery the record video is grayed out.

You must have a different problem then - your trial subscription has lapsed.

Local storage is only directly viewable available on Android or iOS - not on your PC.

11camz
Tutor
Tutor

First Pro3 package purchased Nov. 2020. Hub 4540 | Quantity (3) Pro3 cams

Second Pro3 package purchased Feb. 2021. Hub 4540 | Quantity (3) Pro3 cams

First Pro4 package purchased July 2021. Hub 4540 | Quantity (3) Pro4 cams

In the case of the (2) Pro3 hubs, have been using local storage via USB. Accessing saved files via the app. No issues until....

When I installed the Pro4 package and connected the hub and cams from the app, both Pro3 hubs stopped recording locally. I still receive notifications stating that motion is detected via cams on these hubs, but no longer have access to the videos via the app.

I have removed all hubs from the app and started fresh. No luck.

I have rebooted all hubs, checked for software and firmware updates. No luck.

I have double checked that my local recording options are set properly. No luck. 

I have safely ejected the USB and reinstalled. No luck.

My guess is that Arlo pushed a firmware update to my Pro3 hubs when I installed my Pro4 hub, which changed the capabilities of my Pro3 hubs so I am no longer able to view recordings from the app. Any ideas?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'll bet you're using the Android app which currently has the issue of not being able to view local recordings. You can either safely eject the drives to view on a computer or revert back to the previous version of the app (you'd need to find the apk file on the internet and install it after downloading it). Hopefully a new version comes out quickly.

11camz
Tutor
Tutor

Accurate statement. Using Android. 

Tested assumption by downloading app on Apple device. Works fine on Apple.

Confirmed not an Arlo issue. Thank you for the reply.

Bmac84
Initiate
Initiate
My Arlo stopped recording locally after the free 3 month trial subscription. Using IPhone, does the same on my Windows 10 comp. they want you to buy a subscription.
dcfox1
Master
Master

@Bmac84 wrote:
My Arlo stopped recording locally after the free 3 month trial subscription. Using IPhone, does the same on my Windows 10 comp. they want you to buy a subscription.

You will still be able to record local to the Hub without a subscription. You would loose cloud recordings though. You never could access local recordings in a browser. You were seeing the cloud recordings in a browser when you had a trial sub. In your IOS App have you selected "smart hub" instead of "cloud" at the top center of you library. 

What is Direct Storage Access and how do I use it? (arlo.com)

ARLO1776
Guide
Guide

It stops working often and prohibits access to the local direct storage library.  They send you an offer for the cloud and the direct storage access stops working when you view it !  My suggestion is to contact me and others and fix the problem !  I think that the company is remotely messing with its customers to pressure them into buying a plan,  Very Upset with serious buyers remorse !  

64Scott
Guide
Guide

Have had an external hard drive connected to the Pro 3 SmartHub for over 12months and have never had trouble accessing it while connected to my home network either via my two Samsung phones or via my iPad.  Today I cannot access the library via either Samsung phone.  When I tap on library there is no selection on the top line above the month to select my SmartHub where I should be able to access the saved videos on the Direct Access Storage device.  When I connect via the iPad I can see the SmartHub on the library page and access the stored videos as normal.  This leads me to conclude my local system is working correctly, it is the Android app that is broken.  Just to be sure I restarted the hub and both phones and still there is no content selectable on the library page.  Checked and can still access the stored videos via the iPad.  Is anyone else having this problem?  I can only think it is a bug in the Android App as I can still access the videos via he app on the iPad.  The Android app version is 3.5.1_28380.  I see on the community board people had similar issues last year but there was no definitive solution.  

arlo772
Aspirant
Aspirant
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

It's a bug in the Android app (version 3.5.1, released on 20 July).  

In the meantime, your only option is to eject the storage, and connect it to a PC.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team is currently testing a fix for this issue. We expect to have an updated version of the Arlo mobile app available soon that will include a solution. I will keep this thread updated as we receive more information.

JamesC

kvsqz511
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue. Also, want to know when or if they're going to allow the people, that have granted access, access to view the local storage ONCE THAT'S RESOLVED. Instead of trying to forcefully make us get us a subscription. 

Or can I return?... after 3 months??