Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No Sound on Library Recordings using app/iPhone

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
ktagliam
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have several videos now where recording was triggered based on audio detection, but no sound appears on the recording.

This is an intermittent problem.  Some recordings from today have sound, others do not.

This is a huge problem because part of why I need this camera is to document sound problems.

Can someone help me please fix this?

13 REPLIES 13
ktagliam
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just checked  the cameras again... sound is intermittent on live feed also using ARLO App on iphone

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ktagliam,

It's possible extremely low, barely audible sound is causing a trigger which makes the resulting video appear to not contain any sound. What is your sensitivity setting for audio triggers? You may need to adjust this until you have the desired results.

JamesC

Nichols55
Star
Star
I also have issues with hearing sound when trying to view my library via my iPhone. Some days the sound works and others, like today, there is zero sound. No sound on any single recording. How can the sound just magically disappear? The sound works perfectly fine when viewing the same videos on my computer, so I know there is sound on the video clips. And I don’t believe it’s an iPhone issue because I can watch and hear other video on my iPhone. Please advise!
ktagliam
Aspirant
Aspirant
We don’t have the same problem.

The sound is not present for both my iPhone library and for my library when viewed from my PC. You can also hear sound then it abruptly cuts out, mid video
ktagliam
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ps
You should reboot your base and see if that clears it up
Nichols55
Star
Star
Thanks for the advice on rebooting the base station, I will try it. I didn’t realize our issues were different. Sorry, I didn’t mean to hijack your post with a different problem! Best of luck with your sound problems.
ktagliam
Aspirant
Aspirant

No problem.  Hope the reboot helps you.

mpotter4
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am also having the same problem. There is no audio on recordings when triggered by audio when I view from the iOS app. The audio is there if I download the file. If viewed from the android app, there’s no issue with the sound. I think it’s an issue with the iOS app maybe.
ktagliam
Aspirant
Aspirant

For my issue, there was no sound on the downloaded file, either

Nichols55
Star
Star
And for my issue, it was only on playback while using my iPhone. However, I found a crazy way to get the sound to work. If I find there is no sound during playback on my iPhone, I immediately go to live view. After hearing sound on live view, I switch back to my library and the sound magically works. No idea how or why. Such a hassle!
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Nichols55 wrote:
After hearing sound on live view, I switch back to my library and the sound magically works. No idea how or why. Such a hassle!

Freaky. But it does smell like an iPhone issue. Could be the App, but I can't recall reports of similar behaviour.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Hypraktiv
Guide
Guide

James, this is not the issue. The audio works fine for me, as long as I use HEADPHONES on my iPhone. As soon as I remove the headphones, there is no audio playback, only video. I keep looking for the mute button, but there is none.

Hypraktiv
Guide
Guide

I have the same issue, only I noticed that the audio plays back fine when using headphones plugged into my iPhone. When I unplug the headphones, the audio goes silent. I was trying to let my partner hear the audio, but it was as though it was muted. There doesn't appear to be any way to "unmute" the audio.

This was definitely working before. Judging by the date on the OP, I would say that an update around May of this year has caused the issue. I didn't use the app for a while, so can't say for certain.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation