Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

My second Arlo purchase, subscription, wat

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
CaseyRyback
Follower
Follower

So long time Arlo user here.  Back in 2017 our car was broken into so after a trip to Best Buy we came back with a one camera Arlo Pro  w. base station combo.   It's worked great for 3 years, except for that short time in like 2018 when they had the batter drain issue.  My Arlo pro gets like 5 months per charge as it only is armed at night time looking at our car.   And we occasionally log in to check it out when out of town.  I've been an Arlo fan.

Anyhow, the Costco Arlo Pro 3, three camera with base station bundle seemed like too good of a deal to pass up.  I have been wanting to add extra cameras for ages, but stand alone cameras are pretty expensive.   I was all excited but now I learned I have to pay $10 per month if I want to keep the same functionality I had with my Arlo Pro camera?  I only ever used the Arlo app with it, and the 7 days of footage storage was adequate.   So let me get this straight, I will lose the ability to check my phone Arlo app to watch the video (if I'm laying in bed) unless I pay 10 bucks a month?   I don't even....

That adds up, Netflix, Amazon Prime,  Apple now Arlo.   All these subscription services, but the thing is, Arlo equipment is already at a premium.  Come on guys.. 

Also a question, how does the Pro3's battery life stack up against the original Pro?  This may factor in whether I return this box.  (i haven't opened it, just read the 3 month subscription trial on the box and looked into it, what it was)

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, the cameras newer than Pro2 require a subscription after trial...

The batteries of the Pro/Pro2 and Ultra( same battery as Pro3 ) all last about the same here ... the newer cams use a bit more power but the batteries are larger too

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation