Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
bmdykman
Aspirant
Aspirant

My condo was vandalized at 3am on June 25th .  My Pro3 only caught the last 14 seconds, maybe because it was too dark. the vandal was walking away--i can't see his face. I don't have CVR. How can I access 15 minutes of earlier video? Does not Arlo have continuous upstream in order to provide "look back". Is there any way I can  access June 25th at 3am?  I'm willing to pay big  for that.  I tried calling Arlo at 833 898 6988. They want a case # and I don't know how to create a case #.

Please call or email me

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Multiple posts aren't helpful, and I did reply to your other one.  Based on the info you are providing, there is no more footage to retrieve.  But this is a user-to-user forum, and not support.  You can only access phone support using the contact section in the support center (and that does require an Arlo Secure subscription).  Don't google for phone numbers as that generally leads to scam support sites.

You access the support center using the app, not my.arlo.com.  If you see "Feed" and "Dashboard"  in the app, then use these instructions:

If instead you see "Library" then use these instructions:

FYI, you shouldn't posting your contact information here, as it is available to everyone on the internet.

bmdykman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Stephen

Thank you for the helpful spirit of your reply.

I can't remember exactly how I did it, but somehow I was able to get a "case #" which enabled me to talk to a real, live  Arlo person.

They told me the same bad news you told me. There is absolutely no additional video footage available.

I thought that because Arlo provides 3 seconds of "look bacK', then it is up-streaming  and saving back to Arlo all the time.

But beyond 3 seconds, nothing is stored.

Thanks too for your helpful advice telling me not to post my personal contact information.

--Ben

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@bmdykman wrote:

They told me the same bad news you told me. There is absolutely no additional video footage available.

I thought that because Arlo provides 3 seconds of "look back', then it is up-streaming  and saving back to Arlo all the time.

The look-back ("foresight" feature) is only enabled when the camera is connected to an AC charger (not solar, or just on battery).

The camera then captures video all the time, but it doesn't send it to the Arlo Cloud.  Instead it maintains a buffer of about the last 3 seconds in the camera (discarding earlier video, since it doesn't have enough memory to keep it all).  When the camera is triggered, it sends that buffer to the cloud, followed by live video.

I wish the news was better, and hope the authorities can find and deal with the vandals.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation