Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
TorontoPeet
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have two Pro 3 cameras that I wish to place on a table or counter.  The magnetic mount is manufactured so when placed on a flat surface, the camera is angled up - so I can monitor the ceiling really well.  The screw-on mount is lacking counterbalance and will just tip over if placed on a table with camera attached - unless I screw it into the table, but I have no desire to ruin a table in that way.

Has anyone figured out a nice solution for this oversight by Arlo?  All I have come up with is to construct a wooden "L" shape to which I screw in a magnetic mount.  But I do not have the detailed wood working skills to do anything other than really basic and probably rather ugly.  Or I could buy a small tripod for a camera and pray the legs can be arranged to provide enough support to keep it from tipping over.  

I am hoping there are people who have solved this (completely unnecessary) problem in a more elegant fashion.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
3 REPLIES 3
dcfox1
Master
Master

I have a couple of Pro3 freestanding without a mount on a flat surface and works fine flat. If you have the charger attached you may have to find the right balance spot. Yea the one with a mag mount does face up more then I like with the Solar Panel attached but messing around found a sweet spot. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
TorontoPeet
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks jguerdat.  I had seen that but only with the legs wrapped around a pole - it never occurred to me it could be used as a simple tripod. Or maybe even  set it up doing the splits.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation