Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
akoe
Follower
Follower

Since today I've been getting an insane amount of motion notification outside the activity zone of one of my Arlo Pro3 cameras. The camera hasn't move or been touched since I set it up a few weeks ago and until today it only triggered for activity in the activity zone (front door). All day yesterday I got 3 notifications when someone entered or left.  In the last 4 hours I received 20+ notifications, none of which had activity in the actual define zone. What is happening?!

2 REPLIES 2
K80Shooter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

@akoe 

I also started getting false notifications yesterday afternoon. I have always randomly gotten recordings outside of the activity zones including vehicles 130' away at the very top of my camera view which is not supposed to record in that area in the first place. In my opinion it has to do with the recent firmware update (9-10-20) for the hub VMB4540. Now that's just my opinion. At the same time my cameras almost stopped recording anything including people, vehicles, pets and other movement. 

TankGirl
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had the same thing happen suddenly overnight.  One camera went mental and started with loads of motion alerts but very few recorded, after about a week of really good operation on the 5 camera plan and trial.

I had just added a power cable and CVR.

I set the sensitivity under mode down to 70 and then 60, which didn’t help.

I deleted the motion zones as had been suggested, which didn’t help.

I then unplugged the power lead, which disabled CVR and motion zones and suddenly it stopped.

Today I just plugged the cable back in and it went mental again.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation