Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Kaynadian
Luminary
Luminary

Hi,

Is anyone experiencing issues with their Arlo Cameras where detection isn’t being detected (no notification or library recording)? My camera detects the motion, as I see the screenshot, but I am not getting any notifications or recording. It doesn’t happen all the time but a few times a day.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Kaynadian,

I've requested a status update on your ticket, an agent should be reaching out to you soon.

JamesC

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Kaynadian
Luminary
Luminary

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone could assist me, as I was in contact with a Arlo Support agent who went silent after a few days. 

I'm experiencing the following issues and have troubleshooted all methods possible with Arlo:

- Notifications but no library recording (this doesn't happen for all videos, but around 30% of notifications are sent but no library recording) It was functioning normally a few days ago, but came back again

- Missed motion entirely (I set my cameras to the highest notifications and this still persists. Again, not all the time but around 20-30% of the time motion is missed, which is problematic, as I didn't buy a camera to have it miss motion!)

Would greatly appreciate any help. Thank you.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Kaynadian,

As this appears to be an ongoing issue for your system, I encourage you to continue working with the support team to resolve the issue. If you need assistance contacting support, please reach out to me in a private message with your email/case number and I will request a status update.

JamesC

Kaynadian
Luminary
Luminary

Hi @JamesC ,

I had a few other users on the community forum experiencing a similar issue. It was better for a few days but then the issue came back. Arlo Support was in contact with me up until Monday, but then went silent. I was a bit frustrated because during the whole time they kept requesting for recordings/video screen recording for over a week (every day I got constant requests to provide proof and I gave them each time). But they kept asking for new ones, without any solution. Something happened and things improved for about 3 days and the issue returned. I have 3 Arlo Pro 3 cameras whom are all brand new and they all experience this issue. My Arlo Pro 2s on the other hand are working just fine. 

My Case Number is 41605291 I do hope for a solution because I am on paid monthly subscription, and my cameras are literally brand new, and since then my new full time job is literally troubleshooting my cameras.

Thank you.

Kaynadian
Luminary
Luminary

@JamesC 

Hi, can I get an update for my case? I private messaged you and commented here but no response. It's been a week since I last heard from Arlo Support, I tried to contact them and no reply. This issue has been pending for a month now!

Thanks.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Kaynadian,

I've requested a status update on your ticket, an agent should be reaching out to you soon.

JamesC

Kaynadian
Luminary
Luminary

@JamesC 

Thank you!

Robf100
Aspirant
Aspirant
Was a solution privided? I am experiencing a similar issue. It started with detecting too much motion, then we reset everything. It then worked great for a couple days then no audio on recordings that came back and then the front canera stopped detecting motion 90% of the time. I have to stand directly under it to get a notification. Ive submitted a ticket received and email with a link i cant access. Im losing patience spending this kind of time to make something work as advertised. Simple instructions for solving the lack of motion detection would be appreciated. Thanks
Kaynadian
Luminary
Luminary

@Robf100 

The false notifications issue was resolved (i.e. the one where I got notifications but no library recording). It worked smoothly for about 1-2 weeks, then I have missed notifications now still (not as much as before). I am considering re-opening my case again but needed to gather evidence.

If you submitted a ticket, and no reply, comment JamesC from Arlo, and he will escalate your case (it was actually the only way I got an agent to contact me). I had to do that about 2-3 times and then the agent would actually properly keep me updated. 

daxon
Star
Star

I have been having the same issue on and off. Since purchasing this system (4 cameras, doorbell, 2 base stations, 3 solar chargers) it has not worked right. I see all the problems on here, with a few solutions that work and stay working, and I try some of them, but the amount of time it's taking up to troubleshoot is not worth it.

Now two of my cameras are offline because the initial 3 month subscription expired, so troubleshooting is even less useful. I tried the USB recording, and that doesn't really work for me either, since there are two of us that need to see from our phones. I don't want to pay more for something that isn't going to work right.

Nothing I bought this system for, that it claimed to do, is working as advertised. I'm going to give it another week, then see about returning it. Just too many problems.

How did Pro3 end up so bad? We had friends that loved Pro2 and was the main reason we got this aside from compatibility with Apple Homekit.

Kaynadian
Luminary
Luminary

@daxon 

I originally had the Pro 2 system and thought it was great. Hence I upgraded to Pro 3 for the light option (which I wanted for the night). It does require a lot of troubleshooting, and similar to you, my initial 3 month subscription expired, so I moved towards the monthly paid subscription. As like you, it's on and off, I have good days and bad days. I liked Arlo and picked it initially for the wire-free option. Some spots we wanted to place the camera didn't have a plug in, so Arlo was a great option for that reason.

If you ever call Arlo, I suggest using the chat, as it's much more time efficient. If you have an open case that hasn't been addressed, use the forum to contact JamesC who can escalate the issue for you. And, don't hesitate to use the forum! I found it quite helpful in helping me figure out if the issue was just me or Arlo issue.

daxon
Star
Star

Thanks - I will try using the chat next time I have a few hours to spend on this. Right now, my system is mostly off. It blew past the budgeted broadband for the month and I'm incurring charges while the wind blows the leaves and shadows around.

Frustrating.

Kaynadian
Luminary
Luminary

I recommend trying to either lower your sensitivity levels for your cameras, or turning off specific Smart Notifications (i.e. other notifications category) that should stop recording the leaves/shadows. I had a sunlight issue that triggered the camera, I also created an activity zone and that seemed to have solved the issue.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation