Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
tony_2018
Apprentice
Apprentice

Motion Detection needs to be tweaked a bit.  Traffic flows from left to right of the camera.  When the camera starts to record traffic has either made it 3/4 - 4/4 of the screen.  It doesn't detect anywhere in the 1/4 - 2/4 of the screen.  The camera is angled more to the left. I've maxed out motion detection already and where I want motion detection is in the non-shadow area.

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you changing the motion sensitivity in your modes and rulles? The motion test just gives a number that isn't saved.

JehovasFitness
Luminary
Luminary

I had this very issue with an Ultra that had been in same spot for a year, and only became a problem a few months ago.

From motion entering from right of camera and going left it mostly captured what it normally did with the 3-5 secs before motion was triggered. From left to right was near useless as the object was not in the recording. It was however on the hub recording, but the cloud recording was useless.

Only change that made a difference but not ideal IMO was changing the recording motion from "2 mins" to "record until motion stops" . This has fixed the problem for my needs, though the cloud and hub recording still don't match up, at least I can see the entire event with the "look back" feature.

tony_2018
Apprentice
Apprentice

I was looking for that but can't find that in the app.  Where is that located?

tony_2018
Apprentice
Apprentice

Oh yea, I found it and its already configured but footage is still missing, maybe add a feature that records or saves the 1st 10 seconds?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation