Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 119 Replies
  • 28 Likes
  • 15 In Conversation
K80Shooter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

So within the last week 9-5-20 thru 9-13-20 I have noticed that my cameras (all 3 of them) just has not been recording most types of motion. I have recordings of people leaving my door but none of them arriving, cars leaving but never returning and such. I have personally witnessed my pets walking in front of the cameras with no recordings. Even the pesky wind motion from limbs and things are no longer getting recorded. I have increased the sensitivity levels on all of my cameras to over 96% and still nothing changes. I have rebooted the hub a couple of times with no improvement. All of my cameras are ac powered and all have strong wifi signal.

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed this? I went from getting over a hundred recordings a day to less than 20, sometimes none. Has there been a cloud update or software update of any kind that might cause this?

119 REPLIES 119
tony_2018
Apprentice
Apprentice

I noticed an icon to update the firmware so maybe it finally updated to the latest, to what you guys are on now.

K80Shooter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Well it's been over a week since I opened a support ticket. Not one peep out of support so far. I just do not have the time to sit and wait for hours on the phone and honestly I shouldn't have to. This whole Arlo experience has not been positive whatsoever.

Kaynadian
Luminary
Luminary

Absolutely horrible. After a few attempts to getting ahold of the staff in charge of my case, they emailed me asking when they should call me, and I said anytime basically excluding 10-11am on Monday as I had a meeting during that time. AND then... they call me between 10am-11am!! Upsetting because then I had to wait hours on the phone trying to get ahold of them. Haven't had to change to wait long enough to get through, emailed them back via the Arlo Support Link asking them to call back and no reply again. Worst customer service ever! If I don't hear back by the weekend, I'll have to call and reach out to live chat again to get a request to call me back. 

tony_2018
Apprentice
Apprentice

Might want to mention your timezone too, haha.  Sorry they did but I've made it a habit to make sure my timezone was added when scheduling meetings, downtime, calls...etc...etc..

tony_2018
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'm beginning to feel like the entire system was geared toward IOS users.  To view local storage with a vpn it works fine from iphone but not on android.  Viewing the video clips automatically work on safari but not on chrome or firefox.  

The negative issues are stacking up against the positive.....

Kaynadian
Luminary
Luminary

@tony_2018 

Haha thank you for the reminder! I did tell them my time zone (as I learned before if I didn't, they would call me at 6 or 7am!) But obviously despite telling them my time zone they still ignored it.

I'm not sure, as I have iOS and still have issues with my Arlo cameras.

Ramons1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue since 9 Sept 2020. The only way the system seems to record is if the "Smart Notifications" are selected. This is inconvenient since I do want the system to record, however, I do not want to get a notification every five minutes.

We have grown accustomed to the system being extremely "glitchy" and erratic at times.

We assumed that the system would revert to normal as it often does without cause nor explanation.

fenton11
Guide
Guide
Arlo Support instructed me to remove the usb drive from my hub and see if the videos would upload. It didn’t work. I have a feeling they are touching my settings as a I got an email that I’m on the 3 month trial plan for recordings even though I bought the system in Feb 2020 and one time one of my cameras was moved to the inactive list. Also sometimes the smart notifications I selected are switched off. Hmmm.
K80Shooter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

@Ramons1 

I did have mine set up with the smart notifications and it was working good until the sept 10 update. Now if I use smart notifications nothing records to the cloud. I have bumped my sensitivity up to 100 with no difference whatsoever. It's not much better with smart notifications turned off.

dcfox1
Master
Master

Weird, I still get all the recoding, even the ones turned  off in smart but do not get the notifications for those turned off as it always did and is suppose to do. Don't know why some of you are having problems still. I have the sept 10 firmware. 

K80Shooter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Well I just received this email from Arlo:

Update Your Support Case # 41938926
Last Update:
Dear, David.

Good Day!

This email is to acknowledge your case submission. However, please know that this case is a duplicate of your existing case which is Case ID: 41869349. Please anticipate a response coming from the expert assigned for your existing case. Should you decide to post a reply, kindly post it on your existing case as this case will no longer be attended to and will be closed.

Sincerely,

Abby
Arlo Support Expert
Support Site - https://support.arlo.com
Community site - https://community.arlo.com

@JamesC 

Would you please tell them this is not a duplicate case and two very different problems. Do they even read all the information that they are sent? I have two problems and need them addressed.

I also updated the case telling them the same but I'm not sure they will even see it at this point.

fenton11
Guide
Guide
I got the same response. What’s going on.
fenton11
Guide
Guide
Arlo Support asked me to do a Speedtest , stream and manually record. The manual recordings uploaded to the cloud. I’m don’t understand why Arlo support doesn’t recognize the recent firmware screwed up the cloud recordings. It’s pretty obvious that’s the cause. Or maybe they’re trying to save server space by not uploading recordings to the cloud.
K80Shooter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

My cameras worked up until the sept 10 update also. It has to have something to do with that update. I did check my internet speeds via speed test and that's good. I guess I'm on arlo's ignore list.

K80Shooter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Also all my cameras will manually record to the cloud.

In my case it's as if the activity zones block all recordings. Without activity zones I will get some but not all of the recordings.

I just wish they would fix the problem. Nothing has changed on my end.

mcmu12
Luminary
Luminary
I’ve had arlo cameras for 5 years and they always go haywire after updates. And we get on this forum and complain and eventually they fix the issue. But we have to keep complaining to get issue acknowledged. Would never buy more of these!
tony_2018
Apprentice
Apprentice

Sigh..logs have to be collected, specific times the issue occurred...etc...etc...

I def just experience a missed motion recording and all 3 cameras are in the same driveway so that means all 3 should've caught my dad walking out to the street.  One camera inbetween the other 2 didn't get it.

JehovasFitness
Luminary
Luminary

Went to let ours dogs out last night. 3 events recorded to the hub, only 1 to the cloud   smh

fenton11
Guide
Guide
Now Arlo support asked me to manually record using a computer. What does manually recording have to do with this issue. Wasting my time. I might as well return the system to Costco already.
mcmu12
Luminary
Luminary
Definitely! I had to get 4 Blink cameras two years ago from Amazon since Arlos were so unreliable. The Blinks are awesome. Not one issue in over two years. Meanwhile I want the arlos to work again. They stopped two days ago but weren’t working well for weeks.
K80Shooter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

@fenton11 

"fenton11
Tutor
‎2020-09-25 09:25 AM

Now Arlo support asked me to manually record using a computer. What does manually recording have to do with this issue. Wasting my time. I might as well return the system to Costco already."

I wish that I still had that option. No matter what the problem is there is no excuse for the shoddy customer service. I submitted a support ticket, waited almost two weeks and never heard from them then received the email telling me they was closing the case because it was a duplicate. Now Fenton11 gets the same email. Just another problem with their system. Even James C wont respond now. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

K80Shooter,

I've escalated your support ticket (41938926) noting that it should not be a duplicate. Please let me know if you do not hear from an agent within 48 hours.

JamesC

K80Shooter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

@JamesC 

Thanks James, I do appreciate what you do. I would not have your job, my hats off to you sir.

Kaynadian
Luminary
Luminary

@K80Shooter 

Fingers crossed for you! Let me know how things go on your end! I've been busy the past few days studying for an exam so haven't had the chance to wait hours on the phone to get the agent. Will be back next week to follow up with my case as the agent didn't respond to my emails.

mcmu12
Luminary
Luminary
Mine are still not recording. Not one video since 9/23. And they weren’t working well for a few weeks before this. Everything is on and appears to be working. But is not.
Discussion stats
  • 119 Replies
  • 28 Likes
  • 15 In Conversation