Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
_Rocky_
Star
Star

When i do a manual recording on a Arlo Pro 3 camera which has a monthly subscription, so i do a manual recording for 40 seconds yet only a 11 second manual video recording will now be saved in the library yet a a couple of months ago when i last used the manual recording feature the full 40 second video would show up recorded in the library.

I have changed nothing at all in my entire set up, my devices are the same ones, modem is the same etc, same house, i have not shifted the camera’s.

I have tried doing these manual recordings through both the Arlo website and the Arlo app which it has the same issue through both of them.

Anyone have any idea how to fix this issue

Arlo phone support have been extremely unhelpful thus far

7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@_Rocky_ wrote:

When i do a manual recording on a Arlo Pro 3 camera which has a monthly subscription, so i do a manual recording for 40 seconds yet only a 11 second manual video recording will now be saved in the library

Is this happening every single time?  Or just some times?

Also, is there any corruption in the shortened recording (garbled video)?

_Rocky_
Star
Star
Yes this is happening 95% of the time, occasionally a full length manual recording will show up in the library.
What do you mean about corruption in the shortened video, if your referring to does the shortened video play just like a normal video yes it does
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@_Rocky_ wrote:

What do you mean about corruption in the shortened video
  1. Does it have an obvious gap (video jumps)?
  2. Are you hearing audio continue after the video stops playing?
  3. Does it look really strange? (blocks, stripes, or wrong colors)

corrupt.png

If you are only looking in the app, then perhaps try downloading the file and play it in a media player like VLC.

_Rocky_
Star
Star

1/No there are no video jumps/gaps

2/No audio continues after the video has finished playing

3/Nothing at all is strange about the video, it plays like a normal video should when playing it back through the Arlo app and through the Arlo website.

4/ The only difference from the original manual recording is it does not save the actual full record time of the original video.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@_Rocky_ wrote:

3/Nothing at all is strange about the video, it plays like a normal video should when playing it back through the Arlo app and through the Arlo website.

I still suggest downloading it, and playing it with VLC on the PC.  Also confirm the length in the metadata by right-clicking on the file and looking at the video length in the details tab.

_Rocky_
Star
Star

I have no access to a pc

Previously these manually recorded video’s have gone into the library the same length they were recorded at.

Shame Arlo support are so difficult to deal with

I wonder would there be any chance my base unit if faulty and causing this issue

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@_Rocky_ wrote:

I have no access to a pc

If you send me a PM (private message) with a download link, I can take a look at it for you if you like.

You send a PM using the envelope icon in the upper right of the forum page.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation