Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Make videos available to view in more than just Safari

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
JMac77
Follower
Follower

I am unable to view videos from the Library on my PC - Arlo Support informed me that the videos can only be watched on Safari, they are not viewable on Chrome, Edge or IE.
The only "solution" available now is to download the videos and watch them, which is a terrible solution.
These videos should be viewable in all the main/popular browsers.

4 REPLIES 4
K80Shooter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I had the same problem when my edge browser upgrades to the new version. No matter what I did I could not view them. I found a way to remove the new edge and blocked it from downloading again. So far so good.

Google removing edge chromium and blocking edge chromium.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The problem isn't Arlo - it's the browsers not licensing the needed codecs to be able to display 2/4k video. No way around it until some sort or licensing and/or workaround is available.

K80Shooter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I forgot to mention that when you delete the edge chromium that it reverts back to the older edge browser.

I think it also has something to do with older computers vs newer computers. I have a new laptop and everything works great on it with the newer chromium edge browser. It's my older computer that I have to block the new edge browser on.

I assume you are running windows 10 on a pc, if it's a mac just forget everything I've posted.

dcfox1
Master
Master

@JMac77  I have the opposite problem of @K80Shooter ,  New tablet I can't view them in 2k but on old computer with a video card I can so yes hardware support makes a difference but either way as said before it is a browser thing not Arlo. 

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation