Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Looking to replace a few pro cameras with pro 3's, currently on legacy plan, will it work?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
g3niu5
Luminary
Luminary

As title states..looking to swap some of my pros for pro 3's, I am on a legacy 10 camera plan and do not want to get rid of it, can i add this pro 3 to this? 

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@g3niu5 wrote:

As title states..looking to swap some of my pros for pro 3's, I am on a legacy 10 camera plan and do not want to get rid of it, can i add this pro 3 to this? 

You should be able to simply add the Pro 3s to your current plan (as long as you don't go over 10 cameras on the subscription of course).  If you remove the Pros from the paid subscription, you'd still get the 7 day cloud storage.  So you can remove the Pros first, and then add in the Pro 3s after that.

g3niu5
Luminary
Luminary

thanks, will try when they arrive.  From what little research ive done the only way to get the pro 3 and ultras and etc working properly is to switch to the "new" smart plans, but i will not be doing that as I have a total of 15 cameras in my household.  That would be well over $200 a year for a subscription, not happening!

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Once you change the Legacy plan ( TMK ) you can't go back , so I would be very careful.

If it were me, I'd start a second account for the NEW cameras ( diff pw/email ) and then share them back to the original account ( grant access ).  That way if it doesn't work out, you lose nothing.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation