Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Long delay to open live video in the app, terrible audio delay

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Sangood
Tutor
Tutor

Before I start, know that my wifi speed and coverage is excellent - so none of these issues are anything at all to do with wifi. I have a Ring Floodlight camera in the same position as one of my Arlo Pro 3 cameras and I get near instant live video through their Rapid Ring app and perfect 2 way audio such that you can actually talk to someone plus the notification to my phone (iPhone 13 Pro Max with the latest software as of todays date) is much much quicker with Ring than it is with Arlo.

Right, first issue is that to bring up live video once you are notified takes between 6 and 10 seconds. Second issue is that if you use the animated notifications then there is no way to actually talk to the person in the video - you would have to go into the main app for that which adds further delay if you are attempting to talk to anyone. Third issue, is that if you are 'lucky' enough to catch someone on Arlo live video then there is at least a 5 second audio delay as you try to talk to each other making it virtually impossible.

Most other manufacturers have solved all of these issues - the Ring Floodlight is faultless - yes it's mains powered but so are all of my Arlo cameras. I have seen absolutely no difference with the Arlo cameras in terms of their performance whether they are mains powered or not.

Come on Netgear you know about all of these issues when are you actually going to fix them? Stop fobbing people off by saying it's 'normal' operation - you're charging a premium price for something that works in a sub standard way - is sub standard 'normal' for you?

SORT IT OUT.

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sangood,

Thank you for the feedback, I will pass this along to the development team for consideration.

JamesC

neilhamilton
Initiate
Initiate

Have there been any updates on this? The problems still exist and aren’t any better. I have very fast broadband and the camera has a very strong connection to the router. Firmware is also up to date and countless reboots and uninstalls have been performed. The problems are obviously at Arlo’s end. Considering a move to Eufy now as a result. 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation