Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 55 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
carkeyhousehold
Follower
Follower

This is absolutely ridiculous that I cant share locally stored with other authorized users. If this is the case i will return my arlo pro 3. the only reason why i bought arlo pro 3 is because of local store and remote accessibility. If only the primary user can access locally stored videos, its not for a family, its only for a single person. 

Fix this please, 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

carkeyhousehold,

At this time, only the primary user can view Direct Storage Access content. For more information on Direct Storage Access, take a look here: What is Direct Storage Access and how do I use it?

JamesC

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

carkeyhousehold,

At this time, only the primary user can view Direct Storage Access content. For more information on Direct Storage Access, take a look here: What is Direct Storage Access and how do I use it?

JamesC

JDM6
Star
Star

wow so what is the point of having authorized users if they cant view anything? Im really tired of you guys listing things as features when you know full and well that what your offering is totally incomplete/garbage. This arlo ultra system is a waste of 1000+ dollars, I have waited over a year to be able to access my own files off my own SD card now you add it and:

1. I can only view them at home (this is for security: if I were home i would just look out the window that came free with my house)  

2. My wife (authorized user) cant see anything at all - just get alerts that something happened so she needs to call me to find out what it was (oh and I cant tell her unless Im home great)

3. I know you all added an option to remotely view local videos through un-secure Port Forwarding or through a VPN service (that you may have to pay for)

Don't tell me this lack of concern/thought for your customers is acceptable. When I bought this system over a year ago you promised these features and now Im being forced to pay you monthly in order to actually use this crapy/buggy/slow service.

Oh and by the way you have to pay extra for the Arlo Ultra (understandable its a 4k camera) then pay extra to actually record in 4k ?????????? so pay for hardware then pay for accessing the hardware ok this is an ultimate money grab. I would pay for your cloud if it were actually reliable and didn't take 10 secs plus to see if someone is breaking into my home or a neighbor just came by.

Just allow me and my authorized users the ability see the videos of my property stored on my SD card recorded from a camera I own or add back the free cloud (maybe less than the 7 days you used to give. 1-3 days would suffice)

ps. Thumbnails is a basic feature - why are there no thumbnails in local storage (Im not buying that privacy crap)

It is almost like you guys are trying to force people into buying your overpriced subpar cloud system by crippling the customers ability to use the local option. Just make your cloud option better more people would use it.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 55 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation