Local storage sharing

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Highlighted
Luminary
Luminary
The new local access to storage works well for me. Now how do I give my wife access to view local storage? She can see all the camera's, and the library but I can't see how to give her access to the local storage.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Phoney49,

At this time, Direct Storage Access is only available from the primary device, not shared users.

JamesC

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Phoney49,

At this time, Direct Storage Access is only available from the primary device, not shared users.

JamesC

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Luminary
Luminary

This is potentially a big issue for some of us. My wife and I have different accounts for security reasons. I do give her access to everything, but if i put everything to local storage then this could potentially create issues for her viewing the content. 

Any idea on when this will be resolved, of if it is even a high item on the radar.

Highlighted
Luminary
Luminary
From the response, I guess it is being viewed as a feature, ie only the primary account holder can see local storage.
Since guest users can see the camera's, and the cloud, my feeling is that the current local access solution is incomplete. Local storage is not an alternative to cloud storage if guests can only see the cloud. Anyone with guests on the account have to continue to buy the cloud storage for guests. I guess they just implemented this for people who live alone.
Highlighted
Guru Guru
Guru

@Mavrrick wrote:

This is potentially a big issue for some of us. My wife and I have different accounts for security reasons.

Also, many people need to use granted access, because you are also restricted to one log on at a time.  So anyone using geofencing with multiple family members has to use granted access.  And of course anyone who wants multiple devices notified via push will also need to use granted access.

So it's a huge issue.

Highlighted
Luminary
Luminary
Totally agree. Not sure how to get more visibility. This thread is marked 'solved'. There is no category for storage.
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

I don't have any information on further enhancements for the Direct Storage Access feature but I will pass the details and requests in this thread along to the development team for consideration.

JamesC

Highlighted
Luminary
Luminary
Thank you.
Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation