Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
swak
Aspirant
Aspirant

I set up local video storage and access using the library. I was reviewing videos and access just stopped. I've tried everything, including suggestions in the community to reinstall the app and reboot my phone. Of course, I checked my USB storage, the base station, etc. Nothing has worked. I get the message box to "Please check your connections settings." Nothing changed and there are no problems with my local network or hardware that would have caused the problem in the first place.  Any suggestions? Has this happened to anyone else?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you have 8GB of space, that's the problem. You need at least a 16GB drive due to recent firmware updates.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I used it extensively this morning with no problems. Are you checking while at home or when away? Try a different drive to see if it still happens (>16GB). It's possible that you may need to reset the system and start fresh.

swak
Aspirant
Aspirant

What did you use extensively this morning with no problems? I'm checking when I'm home on the local network, cause that how it works without additional setup. As mentioned, I was viewing videos when it stopped downloading in the app and hasn't worked again. Storage on the USB drive wasn't even close to capacity and I reformatted, so there are 8 GB of space, but will try a larger drive. I did may things to reset the system and start fresh including reinstalling the app. Other suggestions?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you have 8GB of space, that's the problem. You need at least a 16GB drive due to recent firmware updates.

swak
Aspirant
Aspirant

I switched to a brand new 32GB USB drive about five days ago, formatted it, restarted the app and phone, etc., but it didn't work. Was going to try again this weekend, but suddenly, it started working yesterday, so the problem is resolved, but not from any of my settings or configurations.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation