Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
InvestedUser
Follower
Follower

Bottomline up front: the poor latency experience across the entire product line is my number one issue with Arlo and why I would not recommend the eco-system to friends/family, period, for basic residential security (let alone commercial usages).  Even after numerous software updates and network camera re-installs.  BTW, we have more than enough bandwidth, 300/300mb+.

It's nearly impossible to get close-to-real time camera footage.  I have Pro3 2k cameras, the floodlight and video doorbell, and they all usually have the same issue of a 30sec+ delay.  I've never been able to get the doorbell talk function to work properly in real time with guests or deliverers, and typically all cameras stall out when selected while they're simultaneously uploading footage.  My guess is the main issue/s lies with video file transfers to a Arlo server (vice local storage) or the proprietary hub process is flawed.  Surprisingly, Apple HomeKit works significantly better and is more responsive as long as the cameras were recently active; maybe because the AppleTV is a better product.  Ultimately, poor performance results speak for theirselves and I personally will not purchase new products until the software side improves.  

Respectfully,

User that has spent over $1K in Arlo products   

1 REPLY 1
ArloUser21
Aspirant
Aspirant
Great hardware but poor software & cloud performance. The latency is so poor it can often be 2-5 minutes before a notification. I have fiber with excellent upload and download speeds.

The motion detection is also sketchy with intermittent outcomes. My camera on my driveway sometimes fails to detect our Surburban 20 feet away in full few in broad daylight.

Definitely would NOT recommend ARLO to family & friends.
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation