Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Just set up my Arlo Pro 3 cameras. What settings should I tweak?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
nilikadam39
Follower
Follower

Hey all, just set up my Arlo Pro 3 cameras. I put one on my front porch, and one in my living room, with a third one going in my backyard once the mount comes. My main questions are, what settings should I enable, disable, or change to get the most out of my cameras?

I am looking for good battery life mainly, so I don't have to keep taking them down every week or two. I would like to shoot for once a month charge cycle. Another would be, I don't need any extra features besides just recording when it see's movement. I already disabled the push notifications because it was recording my dogs every 5 seconds, lol.

Anyways, any tips are welcome! I'm new to camera systems in general, so thank you very much.

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

First , I can say if your dogs are setting it off all the time, you will not get good battery life.  Recording time for the spec'ed life is based on about 5 mins per day of recording.

But if you can somehow limit the recording or trigger time, you can easily get more than a month out of the batteries.( I don't have a Pro3 but have Ultra and many Pro2/Pro cams; which run over 2 months )

You best bet for extended time is setting a good location, good sense level to eliminate fake recordings... I still use best video quality as it makes only a few days in savings. Also set up some good custom modes so the cameras are used to the best of your abilities;  turn off cameras when not needed

BTW the notifications don't use any power, highest drain is from recording and Live viewing... armed uses little and disarmed almost null.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
K80Shooter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

If at all possible I would run them off of a/c power, then no need to remove and recharge. I would think that would get old real quick.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation