Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Seansun01
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo Pro 3 system works fine all day long.  I get notification after notification, every time a car passes by, the wind rustles the leaves, or the neighbor’s cat strolls through, but after dusk, I would have to be standing directly in front of the camera for it to alert and record. Cars and people still go by, the wind still move the leaves, and critters roam around. I have no idea how to resolve this and I’m tired of waiting on hold for customer service.  Suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5
aingle
Tutor
Tutor

Same problem here, and this is the time that you might want the cameras working the most!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you trying to use audio detection or motion detection? What mode are you using? Are you using the schedule?

aingle
Tutor
Tutor
Motion detection (all types)
Schedule is 24x7
Wide mode on one camera,
Full on another.
Seansun01
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am just using video. It’s illegal in my state to record audio of a person without prior consent.  I have them on all the time.  They work great during the day...

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Make sure audio detection if off in your rules to prevent that from triggering a recording. Try removing and resyncing a camera to see if that helps.

For recording audio in your state, I'm no legal beagle but I'd check on that to be sure. Seems like recording audio on your property would not be excluded.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation