Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Issues With Arlo Pro Local recording and Flood light

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
jsanderson1979
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have have an Arlo pro system for a number of years and did not give it much though until tonight when I kids left the garage door open and skunk came in. The Camera in the garage was very useful...

I have noticed a couple of issues that I am hoping some people can shed some light on. The first being 5 Camera's connected to the unit.

The base system is VMB400R3

I have three Arlo Pro 3, H3 Cameras and two Flood light camera h4. I have USB thumb drive for local storage.

The fist issue is that when I looked at recordings only 1 of the four camera's appear to storing locally.  See attached Photo below, just flood light is recording, teh other picture is manual picture I took of the skunk in my messy garage. 

4.jpg

Any idea why all the camera's are not recording locally and how do I resolve this?

The other issue that I am having is the second Flood light camea is saying "The Camera and Light are disabled while charging and will not respond to mode changes" But when I check the camera it is charging as 100% charged ..

1.jpg

Any idea how I resolve this?

4 REPLIES 4
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

In case you’re not aware, you need to eject the USB device using the app under storage settings for the 4000 base and view the recordings on a pc.

If you’re only getting a single camera showing in the cloud storage then it is likely your free trial subscription period has ended for the other cameras.

Most users here can’t see your uploaded pictures until a moderator vets them so could take a few days.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

As above, your cameras all require a subscription for cloud recordings. You get a free trial period but when that runs out, a paid sub is needed. Also as above, the VMB4000 base requires that you eject the drive for viewing the videos on a computer. Only the VMB4540 and 5000 SmartHubs have the ability to show recordings in the app.

The charging issue likely depends on what charger is connected. Use the outdoor magnetic charger to be able to charge and use the camera simultaneously.

jsanderson1979
Aspirant
Aspirant

So the VMB4000 does not support playback on locally stored video's? The Support article below indicates that it does. 

https://kb.arlo.com/1146850/How-do-I-view-videos-saved-on-local-storage

As for the Flood light it is plugged in with a Mag connector

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jsanderson1979 wrote:

So the VMB4000 does not support playback on locally stored video's? The Support article below indicates that it does. 

https://kb.arlo.com/1146850/How-do-I-view-videos-saved-on-local-storage

Did you read the article?

For VMB4000 and VMB4500 Base Stations: 

To view videos saved on a local storage, you must remove the USB device from the Base Station. Cloud recording is still enabled, but if you do not want to interrupt USB recording while you view videos, set up a second USB device for USB recording.

Summed up, this says that the VMB4000 supports local recording, but not playback.  

@jsanderson1979 wrote:

As for the Flood light it is plugged in with a Mag connector

But what charger?  

If you use the indoor Arlo charger with the mag connector, then the battery will charge - but the camera isn't fully operational, and you will see the message you posted above.

The camera operates normally if you are using the Arlo Outdoor charger. That has an integrated plug, and supplies 9 volts instead of the usual 5.  If you are seeing that message with the outdoor charger, then something is wrong.  You might try cleaning the connectors, and see if that helps.  If it doesn't, then there is either something off with the main power, or the charger is failing.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation