Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Is the Arlo Pro4 backwards compatible with the pro 3?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Jespo33713
Follower
Follower

Will a a pro 4 work and integrate with my existing 6 camera Pro 3 system?  In addition can it integrate into the same streams in the app? I would like to add another camera and there are no HUBs in stock so I was considering buying a pro 4.  

4 REPLIES 4
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Jespo33713

Yes, You can also connect the Arlo Pro 4 camera directly to your router. You will need to add a single cam add on plan if you are at your Smart Plans limit or remove one of the cameras that are active and add the Pro 4 instead. You will be able to utilize the Pro 4 just as you would your other cameras. If you are connected directly to your router, you will not be able to utilize the local storage feature. You can find more info here regarding connecting a camera directly to your wifi. How do I connect my Arlo device directly to my WiFi router if the camera is currently connected to a...

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ShayneS wrote:

You will be able to utilize the Pro 4 just as you would your other cameras. 

Generally, yes.  But there are a couple of differences if you connect the Pro 4 to your home wifi:

• Local storage is not available in any form.
  • the Pro 4 has it's own mode, so it cannot be crosstriggered (used to trigger a recording on another camera, or be triggered by motion on another camera).  Scheduling would be a bit more complicated to set up.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Jespo33713 @StephenB

You should be able to utilize cross-triggering with your cameras connected directly to your router or Base station. There was a past update that should allow for this feature between devices. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ShayneS wrote:

You should be able to utilize cross-triggering with your cameras connected directly to your router or Base station. There was a past update that should allow for this feature between devices. 

Thx, I'd somehow missed that.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation