Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 30 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
johnnny1
Tutor
Tutor
I purchased the Arlo 3. 4 camera set up and hub since the beginning I’ve had issues with multiple recordings of things that I did not want recorded which amazingly enough that got resolved battery life was nowhere near what they said gave me the song and dance that my settings were blah blah blah blah try that battery life didn’t work paid an electrician to come hardwire the most active camera and the most camera I need active so when fully charged at night the infrared lights stay on and doesn’t record or pick up anything so contacted Arlo try anotherAnd I did that same issue brought that camera and hooked it up to the Home charger turned it on in complete darkness same problem Arlo send me a replacement camera guess what same problem send me another replacement camera not only is the package is damaged it looks like it’s a used Camera guess what Same problem. The other cameras I have or not as active an easy accessible that’s why I did not need to hardwire it Arlo support their technical has been the worst not to mention their customer service has anybody else had this type of problem with the Arlo three when fully charged the infrared stay on please help I do not feel secure with these cameras.
30 REPLIES 30
johnnny1
Tutor
Tutor
OK so that’s why when it’s plugged in and the infrared’s are on and I’m standing in front of the camera I am doing basically jumping jacks waving moving back-and-forth and it does not pick me up detect me or record me so you’re telling me this is normal and those that are responding are you guys members or do you work for Arlo? Again this is the biggest problem that I’ve had and a lot of you have not understood that when these infrared lights are on it does not record
johnnny1
Tutor
Tutor
OK so again I just went outside and I’m basically jumping around in front of the camera waving my arms and it’s not recording so what you’re telling me this is normal but when I disconnect it and the infrared lights turn off and walk in front of it then it will start to record this is the problem that I’ve been having nobody seems to understand so those that are replying are you guys part of the community or do you work for Arlo
johnnny1
Tutor
Tutor
So just out of curiosity is that the reason why these things were on sale? Because of their known issues and how many people have complained about it customer service sucks you could never understand the person you’re talking to and they always give you the same runaround honestly I feel safer sleeping with a baseball bat then I do having these cameras maybe that’s just me
Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jeez! If you actually read all of my messages you will see that I said several times that I don't know why yours doesn't record! So no I'm not telling you that jumping around waving your arms Infront of your camera is a normal thing to do, at least I don't do that in an evening at home!
What I said is that the ir lights are acting as they should.
Also I I don't work for Arlo, we are customers like you.
I can't see your setup but I would say that the fact that you have now had 2 replacement cameras do exactly the same I would suggest you uninstall all cameras and uninstall any mobile apps. Before you do this you could send us a live screenshot of the vision seen by the camera at night when it's working on battery with night vision on.
Also another thing to try before this is to go to your video settings on the camera, once fully charged, still plugged in at night when this happens, go to low light settings and turn on colour night vision, remove any activity zones aswell delete them all, I'm intrigued to see if your spotlight triggers when the issues are happening,
K80Shooter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Maybe also check the mode, rules and settings for that camera. 

johnnny1
Tutor
Tutor
Interesting that I’ve checked with other manufacturers and they don’t offer this type of infrared when fully charged…( if this is a great thing why doesn’t everyone do it ?????). Question. Do all Arlo cameras do this ???? The cameras Previous to the Arlo 3. And so ???? Also if I do what you suggested that spot light will come on and where the camera is at my house I don’t want the spotlight to come on every time someone comes bye what is the purpose of having a camera when the light turns on. Also I have done a bit of research. And seems like I’m not the only one with issues with Arlo And other things that I have stated prior to this.
Discussion stats
  • 30 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation