Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Increase the time of recording after the camera stops detecting motion to at least like 30 seconds.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
LSae
Aspirant
Aspirant

Its annoying that the camera stops recording while things are happening and skips what ever is happening a lot of time.  I happen to have also bought the ring doorbell and they do so many things right compared to arlo.  Ring has a time line view for the camera and it doesn't miss much of whats happening because it seems to have a min recording of 30 secs.  And it also has a feature to do 5 sec. recording every 5 minutes.

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Sounds like your using "record till motion stops" which in my experience sometimes stops to soon ( when it doesn't see motion ) ... I recommend using a fixed time which will cover the location.  Usu 30-45 secs is enough with a ten sec or so reset time.

What I would like to see is snapshots on motion for some locations which the Q and Baby camera have... it takes pics thru the front windows ... prob not going to be available on the reg Arlo cams as these use PIR  over pixel change ( which the Q/baby have)  to detect motion.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
LSae
Aspirant
Aspirant

This camera doesn't have any other way to record or extend the recording time except to manually go live and hit the record button and hope you don't loose connection.  If any motion is detected it would stop the manual recording and record the motion like normal.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation