Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Arlox123
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have secure login means no one can login to my account without getting a message, I recently had an incident that I got notification that someone has logged into my account and I got kicked out several times... how is that possible?

Only explanation I have is the Law agencies are getting access to it to footage and the account.

I was lucky to download the file before was deleted from my account, wow..

Any respond to this Arlo?

8 REPLIES 8
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Arlox123

Arlo allows only one registered administrative user per account. If you try accessing from another device or browser you will be signed out of the device that was initially signed in. However, you can add friends to your Arlo account. Friends have limited access to some of the settings and features on your Arlo account. Friends can view live streams from your cameras and view or favorite video clips in your Arlo video library. You can also choose to grant limited administrative rights, such as selecting modes, sharing or deleting clips from the Library, and manually recording videos. You can select which cameras friends see. You can find more info here: https://kb.arlo.com/000039106/How-can-multiple-people-access-the-same-Arlo-account

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Arlox123 wrote:

I have secure login means no one can login to my account without getting a message, I recently had an incident that I got notification that someone has logged into my account and I got kicked out several times... how is that possible?

Do you mean that you have 2FA ("two-step verification") enabled?  Or something else?

@Arlox123 wrote:

Only explanation I have is the Law agencies are getting access to it to footage and the account.

No.  If they got access from Arlo (using a subpoena), then the videos would have been turned over w/o logging into your account.  

@ShayneS's explanation is more likely - that you (or a family member) logged into your Arlo account from a second device.  That would log the first device out.  If you are unsure about that, then I suggest changing the account password.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

In addition, I occasionally get this happening here, too, but a re-login always works with no issues. It may be due to other devices using your own credentials may have accessed the server - or not. I've never had it due to any other reason.

Arlox123
Aspirant
Aspirant
No the issue is I got blocked access to videos on app and on browser started to kicking me off. No one has access to it but me, yet only way you could get through two way authentication if tiu are a law enforcement agent.. no other family have access to it. I changed my email and password and phone number. The thing is someone has broke into my place and got recorded. If I find out that this is a bridge to my privacy I will sue your arlo
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Arlox123 wrote:
No the issue is I got blocked access to videos on app and on browser started to kicking me off. 

This is a user forum, and I don't work for Arlo.  

I suggest changing your account password, and following up with Arlo support.  Use the support link at the top right of the forum page - if you just google for a support number, you will likely end up talking to a scammer.

You might also want to read Arlo's privacy policy:

Arlox123
Aspirant
Aspirant

I wasn't talking about you or referring you, mate. On cell phone so typos and short text to go fast. I apologize because I m frustrated. Paid for this and can't use it. Thanks for the help. Got any email that I can write to Arlo? Can't see anywhere. Thx again

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Arlox123 wrote:
 Got any email that I can write to Arlo? Can't see anywhere. Thx again

"Open a case" on the support page will let you use email.  The addresses vary by geography, so you'd need to use that web page.

Information from folks here suggests that using email can be hit-or-miss.  Chat or phone might be better (though they are both time consuming).

One of the Arlo folks here ( @JamesC , @ShayneS , @Mark-V , etc) might also follow up on this thread.  Arlo folks all have the Arlo logo in their badge.

Arlox123
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you
Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation