Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
TStratton
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've been using these Arlo Pro 3's at my boba shop for about 6months. Today I put one camera on a 30day CVR plan. To do this I had to visit the website. While on the site I noticed that I could not see the camera I put on the CVR plan even before I put it in the plan. I can see the camera on my phone but not on the website. I went to the shop and took the battery out and power cycled but this did not help. I can not view any recorded video on my phone and I can not access the camera at all from the website.

When I went to get support the first thing that is asked is the device model. This information is NOT listed under device information. I actually had to take a camera off the wall and pull the battery to see this information. This is a total fail Arlo. Put that info in the device info section.  These camera work pretty well generally but this issue and getting help for it makes me want to stop using this product altogether. 

"We are currently experiencing some system issues. You may experience issues reaching a support agent. Our team is actively working on resolving the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience." This is what I get in chat

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@TStratton wrote:

When I went to get support the first thing that is asked is the device model. This information is NOT listed under device information. I actually had to take a camera off the wall and pull the battery to see this information. This is a total fail Arlo.

I agree (and have provided this feedback to them more than once).  The hardware revision number they are providing is useless (since the same revision numbers are used for multiple camera models).

@TStratton wrote:

I've been using these Arlo Pro 3's at my boba shop for about 6months. Today I put one camera on a 30day CVR plan.

Just to check - CVR requires the camera to be AC powered.  Is that the case?

TStratton
Aspirant
Aspirant

It is AC powered.

TStratton
Aspirant
Aspirant

Pray your Arlo works because if it doesn't there is no help. These scripted call center guys know only what the script says.

I have 2 of 4 cameras that show offline when viewing from My.arlo.com page. I can see all 4 when using the phone app. I've tried removing and installing again and using different browsers and PCs. At this point I don't think the problem is on my side.

I wanted to set up CVR is why I started looking at the online my.arlo.com page. Arlo is losing revenue on issues like this.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you experiencing this issue right now?

"I have 2 of 4 cameras that show offline when viewing from My.arlo.com page. I can see all 4 when using the phone app. I've tried removing and installing again and using different browsers and PCs. At this point I don't think the problem is on my side."

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation