Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Toledori
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a very annoying problem. I have a Smart Hub which has connected to it 3 Arlo Pro 3 Cameras, 1 legacy and a Door camera. Now, I bought a new phone the S23 Ultra, and I noticed that with this phone, I lost connection to the cameras every other day. By that I mean, when I click on Play live, nothing happens. I then will notice that under settings, then devices, my Smart Hub will have an update that I will need to perform before I can use the cameras.

Now here is the problem, I will perform the update, and a day later, it will come back and I will do the same thing again if I want to connect to the cameras.

However, today, when I noticed the update in my phone, I went to my arlo.com website, and opened up the cameras. After viewing my smart Hub, it there, shows the update as well.

What is going on? Why is it asking for the same update every other day? and I do mean is the same firmware update, I have checked it every time it updates. I attached some photos in case it helps.Screenshot_20230303_084529_Arlo Secure.jpgScreenshot_20230303_084520_Arlo Secure.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Rebooting the hub usually helps. Have you tried that?

Toledori
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have already restart it 4 times. Both using the web portal and the app in the new phone. As I stated, this only came to happened when I got the new phone. And I really don't want to remove the hub and the cameras and start fresh. It was a pain in the butt. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'd suggest using Settings, Support to contact official support for this. You need a subscription to do this. I see you already have the latest firmware (shown in https://community.arlo.com/t5/Firmware-Release-Notes/bd-p/arlo-release-notes) so I can't imagine why you're being prompted.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation